This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Synchronising problem with vivoactive 3 music

Has anyone experienced problem with synchronising data between Vivoactive 3 music and their phone? It says phone is connected but synchronising failed. It stopped working on the evening if 31st of May when I did 22000 steps but it only read 19000 there is no data for last few days. Active part of the app works also my record on challenges hasn't changed since 31st of May. I tried to switch it on and off etc. Help as its driving me nuts !! 

• Yes I have, on june 1st. I am not sure but I got the feeling that it has something todo with the latest update of Connect Mobile to 4.19.1. The update was installed on May 31 automatically. It turned out that I had one stored activty on the watch which does not want to synchronize (ERROR 500 in the synchronisation log).

I solved it by connecting the watch to USB, then with Explorer to the Directory /GARMIN/Activity. I deleted all the activity files, followed by a restart of the watch. The activity failed was a Yoga exercise. Later I logged another Yoga exercise. Again sync failed with error 500. Had no problems before may 31.

After that I again deleted the file, followed by a factory reset of the watch. This morning i did not try Yoga, but other exercises syncned without problems.

After a factory reset you have to register the watch again with the mobile app.

• Already tried factory reset and didnt workout. 

My FR245M came with the 2.6 software and i did a update of Garmin Mobile and until now i cant sync.

Already tried to downgrade the Mobile APP version and no sucess.

Quite desapointing i did an upgrade from my FR630 and since day one no issue with it.

• Same here with FR945. Tried restarting watch and cell phone, pairing again, and even re-installing the app, but alas, no success. I'm also trying to contact Garmin through their web-form, but the form won't let me through their reCAPTCHA. I'm not at all happy about this, Garmin.

• Same issue here. VAM3, stopped syncing sleep, activities, heart data on June 01.

• Mine synced the morning of the 31st but not since. Nothing seems to be solving it either! I'm backing up my activities on my computer, so that I don't lose them.

• To clarify, it still syncs steps and HR, just not activities or sleep. I guess there was an update that pushed through on the 31st and that's what killed everything.

• I noticed the same on my VA3M.

Did you check for any activity file in /GARMIN/Activity when the watch is connected to the computer via USB? As written before I had one file which does not want to upload. This also blocks other activity files to be synchronized.

With Connect Web (Launch it from Connect Express) can you browse and upload any activity file one by one. By this means I found the failing (Yoga) activity file. I uploaded all others via Connect web, then I deleted all activity files on the watch. You will find the option to browse and upload activity files on the upper right hand side on the web page.

Further did you check the Synchronization log on the mobile app? (Last option on the bottom of the Settings Menu).  In there I noticed the Error 500 message.

• Hi guys,

I soulved my problem with the sync issues.

I tried different phones and i realised that it was a issue with my phone and not with the device.

So i restarted the process, reinstall the App, connect via bluetooth and there it was again paired but always losing the connection.. so the solution was on this order:

1. Eliminated all bluetooth connections excpet the FR245M 

2. Eliminated the cache of bluetooth 

3. Restarted the phone (all this steps with bluetooth off)

4. After the restart turned on the bluetooth and the App

And there it was perfectly connected and no more issues !!!

This was making me crazy to think that i had the possibility of buying a new phone because of the new Garmin.

Hope it work for you guys!

• Definetly worked for me! Thanks!