This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android for work apps notifications on watch

I recently installed Android for work apps on my Pixel 2 device. The android for work apps are not being offered in the smart notifications list in the Garmin Connect app. Is there a way to include the work segregated apps in the list so that I can receive notifications on my Forerunner 645?
  • 1. I am an IT professional myself, and this is definitely not the case.
    2. That's a pretty wild assumption, and doesn't explain why hangouts chat does not work.Unless they only did that for certain apps.

• 1. I am an IT professional myself

In that case I recommend you to read the Android security white paper, and learn how you can use the Device Policy Client, or Device Policy Manager to allow certain applications to send cross profile intents. And you can then set up your system so, that the applications you want to cross the boundaries, will be able doing so. 

• I have identical issue with WORK apps (to be specific, Gmail and Slack). I've just recently switched from Fitbit Blaze to Garmin watch, and this was the first thing I've noticed, that I can't get notification from Apps under "Work", which wasn't the case on Fitbit at all. I could choose between same apps Private and Work.
    Phone is exactly the same, "Work" Restrictions/Permission are as well.
    There is definitely smth that Garmin can tweak in order to accommodate this quite important feature. Because other watch manufacturers don't seem to have this issue. At least not the biggest ones. 

• I had the same problem from my pixel 2 with the samsung watch active 2. especially with my ogwhatsapp latest apk.
    how to fix it?

• as previously someone suggested this hotfix/hack: install the same app that you have on work on your personal profile, and it will work.

so far 24 hours passed, works as a charm.
    Apps tested: Slack and Work-Gmail account - mail + calendar.

There is definitely issue from Garmin part here.

• Not really a valid workaround.

Completely beats the purpose of the work profile.

• Ok, so now that we ALL (including Garmin) now knows about Android Enterprise, can the DEVELOPER Team at Garmin enable the API to allow notifications from the Android Enterprise Work Profile to be displayed on the Garmin watch VIA the Garment Connect App Please, we are ALL having the same problem here and it is possible to get AE notifications on an external device, if you need help let me know and I can get Google involved. Feel free to contact me, we NEED this enabled as Device Administrator is ending in Android 11 and EVERY ENTERPRISE WILL HAVE THIS GET ON BOARD ASAP. NO crap work arounds.

• I came to this thread looking for why I was no longer getting notifications of work emails/calendar events - it seems like a known problem and @Aea189 's solution seems well informed.

Anyone from Garmin care to comment if this is on the roadmap for GCM?

• I've read through 4 pages of this discussion and the topic here seems pretty simple.  Garmin needs to build in functionality that allows it to see an Android work profile and show those apps separately from the personal profile.  That being said, I have a Vivoactive 4 and have a Pixel 5 with an work profile installed.  My company uses Google as the collaboration system which means I have a GMAIL app for personal and a GMAIL app for work.  I get ALL notifications on my Garmin watch.  Personal and Work.  My request again is that Garmin build functionality into their "Connect" app to see and differentiate between the personal and work profile.  In my case, I want personal notifications of emails and chats within Google but I do not want my work notifications.  Currently, this is not possible (unless I've totally missed something).

• I don't know how this will be solved if it is not solved now it will never be Disappointed