Can we have the watch respect DND (Do Not Disturb) when it's set on an Android phone?

I have a Pixel 3 with a Pixel stand that automatically puts the phone on DND mode, but the watch still vibrates on notifications even though I don't even see them on the phone itself. If the watch would respect DND, it would all work automatically as I wouldn't have to guess my sleep and wake up times.
Side request: if we can't have that, at least let us set different sleep times for the weekend. I work from 6 AM to 2 PM, so you can imagine the my sleep schedule is wildly different on the weekends.
  • Makes sense re the exceptions, but I'm not a programmer and (oddly enough!) haven't perused the API that Garmin has to use.

However, there is a specific "Do not disturb" permission whereby you can set whether an app (even third party) can override DND. I'd guess that this permission at the very least allows the app to see the current DND state.

• Sounds like a cop out. it works perfectly with Withings... for which I returned my Garmin in the 30 day window and got instead because of this very reason.