This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5s not notifying of incoming calls

Fenix 5s / Moto G5 plus on Android 8.1
My watch isn't notifying me of incoming calls while locked. If the phone is unlocked it does. As soon as the caller hangs up the watch notifies me of a missed call. Grateful for any solutions.

Should also have said my phone just updated to Android 8.1; is there a setting on the notifications I need to alter?
  • I'm having the same issue. Have been through to support via chat but no luck so far. Going to email and start a new case, will let you know if I have any luck!

I'm on pixel with Android 9.

• I'm having the same exact problem. Watch only notifies me if phone is unlocked. If locked no notification. Also when u locked and showing notification it shows name and some random 4 or 5 digit number. I have a feeling it has to do with the most recent update. Hopefully they fix it! 
    • I'm having the same exact problem. Watch only notifies me if phone is unlocked. If locked no notification. Also when u locked and showing notification it shows name and some random 4 or 5 digit number. I have a feeling it has to do with the most recent update. Hopefully they fix it! 
  • It has to do with a 6/5 update to the Google Phone App.  If you uninstall the update, notifications will resume again. At least they did for me.  Google Pixel 2 XL with latest security patch.

• I also notified Garmin and sent them diagnostic information.  I was having the issue with the Garmin 5 and the Fenix 3 HR.  I went to the Google Pay store, and uninstalled the Phone App.  It did not actually uninstall the app, it just uninstalled all updates to the app.  After doing this, I am receiving phone call notifications on both devices. While not a perfect solution, it is a temporary fix until a) Garmin figures out the problem or b) Google issues an update to the Phone App.  For those of you that are still having issues, did you try uninstall the Phone App from the Play Store?

• So sorry! Two errors:  1) Garmin Fenix 5 and 2) Google Play Store *NOT* Pay store.  My bad - good catch.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to Baralien

Just created another thread on this as I didn't see yours only 10 below mine (sorry!). It's definitely due to the update as I saw some on Reddit with the same issue. 

The lack of support by Garmin is terrible. I used to have a GPS unit for my car and they were always so great back then.