This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Fenix 5s not notifying of incoming calls

Fenix 5s / Moto G5 plus on Android 8.1
My watch isn't notifying me of incoming calls while locked. If the phone is unlocked it does. As soon as the caller hangs up the watch notifies me of a missed call. Grateful for any solutions.

Should also have said my phone just updated to Android 8.1; is there a setting on the notifications I need to alter?
  • FWIW I uninstalled Google Phone which reverted the the firmware version and now the notifications work.  Seems something Google changed in their latest app update broken notifications in Garmin Connect Mobile somehow.

• You are correct ! I tried your solution and it worked... So just to try something else, I reinstalled Google Phone's latest version, and regranted Garmin Connect access to storage, phone, sms and contacts. Now it seems to be working again with Google Phone's latest version.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to drkglb

Yep, same thing. Except mine didn't work after I re-granted permission (Pixel 1). I was reading up on another watch brand last night and saw that in the app comments people were having issues also so Google definitely messed something up. Unbelievable. 

• I was able to install this version to get notifications back:

Google Phone 31.0.241960258 April 26 2019

• Same results here.  Downloaded from APK Mirror. Thank you. 

• Thanks. It seems to work for me too. Just to mention, the issue is that notifications don't go through when phone is asleep... So it's kind of difficult to test ! Since if the phone is awake, or has just been turned off, calls will generally be notified... Aaaaaargh

• Looks like a new Google Phone version was released (show up as yesterday, Jul-15)...same problem exists.  

Garmin, are you going to resolve this?  Are you even around?

• I had the exact same issue with my Fenix 6 however on my Forerunner 245 music no issue, how I fixed it was I uninstalled the Google Phone app and downloaded the earlier version of the app and bingo it worked perfectly, it's the Google Phone app that is somehow blocking it with this watch. I installed the Google Phone Version: 61.0.356375339 (7002193), I downloaded the APK from APK mirror, it's the February 17 2021 Version. BTW I have the Pixel 5