This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Not Displaying Contact Names on Incoming Calls

Hi.

I'm with 4.0 firmware.Contact names are not shown in the display (incomings calls). I look in Garmin Connect App (Android) and all permissions are given for it (including Contacts). On incoming calls, the phone number apeears in 645 Music, but not the name of the contact. I have this Garmin only 5 days and before I upgrade firmware version (almost certainly, I uninstalled e reinstall Garmin Connect in my phone. It didn't solve the problem. After this, I install the Garmin Connect in other phone and it worked.

So, I think in some possibilities:
  • There is something wrong with Garmin Connect Mobile, and it needs to be updated for the 645M firmware version 4, for Android 6.0.0 (that I use in Samsung J5 - it can't be upgraded for newer Android versions);
  • There is something wrong in my phone, that even removing the app and reinstalling, it remained damaged (I don't believe much in this). It worked before 645M firmware update;
  • The last 645 firmware (4.0) has more (or full) compatibility with a more recent version of Android. My first phone (J5 - where v.4.0 doesn't work) has Android 6.0.1 (and I can't update it anymore). When I installed it in other and new phone I did it in a newer Android version (8.0.0). So, I believe more in this possibility: 645M Firmware 4.0 works with this function (display contact name) in newer Android versions, so maybe a new firmware version for 645M or a new version for Garmin Connect Mobile could solve this.
Thanks for help.