This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Solved: Huawei Push Notifications

It is commonly known, that newer Huawei devices got issues with Connect Mobile.
The battery saving tools are killing the background process and Notifications are not being pushed to the watch anymore.

There is an option to exclude the Android battery saving mode:

Settings -> Apps & Notifications -> Apps -> Settings (Icon below) -> Special access -> Ignore Battery optimization -> Change "Allowed" to "All" to see Connect Mobile -> Tap & change

which not entirely work for Huawai devices.

But there is another thing, you can do! You can "Lock" the app from being killed in the Task-view:
" />">
This helped me and the Notifications are being pushed since a whole day without opening Connect Mobile manually.

• Hoe ver grendel je hem? Kan het niet vinden of lukt mij niet.

Hartelijke groet Joyce 

• Op scherm van de gsm beneden heb je een driehoek, een bolletje en een vierkantje. Tik op het vierkantje. Dan verschijnen alle apps die actief zijn. Swipe Garmin Connect heel even omlaag en laat dadelijk los. Dan verschijnt het slotje. Doe je dat nog eens of tik je op het slotje, dan in het ontgrendeld. Ik krijg nu meldingen op mijn Edge 830, maar ik heb intussen zo veel aangepast, dat ik niet kan zeggen wat het hem precies gedaan heeft. 

• I've tried everything. My phone is now always connected but it's pointless as it gets no notifications. Help? 

• Help? 

Some more tips are in the thread Notifications.

• Still no joy but thankyou. 

• Hi Gang, 

Not sure this will be any help to anyone but yay if it does-

i had paired my forerunner 235 to my Huawei p20 pro and it synced together no problem in terms of activity tracking but i wouldn't receive any notifications besides phone calls.

After searching through all these tips and tricks and trying most of them, none worked(for me).

so I started to delete my Garmin app and saw the 'Garmin IQ' app that 'Garmin connect' recommended i download when I was starting my initial set up. 

I decided to delete that first and then I sent a test msg  to see if it worked and then started to get all my notifications, messenger, facebook, whats app etc.

It seems strange that the IQ app was the issue- but thats what worked for me :) 

Hopefully this helps someone because it was doing my head in.

All The Best

• I don't have this app. I'm now getting text notifications but nothing else. 

• I don't have the "apps&notifications option inin my settings