This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android pairing problem

Hi, so since a few days, my Forerunner 235 wouldn't sync anymore with my phone. This has happened before so I deleted the device from my devices on Garmin Connect and tried to pair it back as that usually works. Now it won't pair anymore. It gets so far as to give me the passkey, but before I can type in the passkey in my phone, the watch goes back to "Ready to Pair" and gives me a new passkey, and so forth. On my phone it says "Timed out while connecting to device" over and over in red and "couldn't connect to Forerunner 235" in grey every time the passkey disappears again.

New passkeys keep showing and disappearing and sometimes I'm fast enough to type it, but it just does the same thing.

I've restarted both Forerunner and phone countless times, turned Bluetooth on and off, all in every order I can think of. It just won't pair back up. I have no idea what to do and I can't find this particular problem anywhere on the internet... help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Have you reset your watch? It looks like the watch and the phone are out of sync in the video. If you had cleared the cache and removed the pairing from the phone, maybe just resetting the watch will help?

Hi Luke2Sky,
    Thanks for your Advice, but that was the first option I tried.
    I tried: 1.) factory defaults, 2.) downgrade to 7.40, 7.42 with various combinations CGM v. 3.20, 3.22, 3.16., 3.) Combination GCM 3.22 with new 7.50 v. 4.) support advice - whole procedure with combination latest soft 7.5 vs GCM 4.0....................nothing helped.
    My father has Huawei P8 lite - Android 6.0 and my Garmin 235 (7.50, GCM 4.0) works perfect.
    So, it seems to me, problem is combination last firmware 7.50 (GCM 4.0) vs Android 7.0.
  • Just for clarification, my Huawei P10 Lite runs Android 7.0 and my Forerunner 235 is still in 5.40. I updated my Garmin Connect mobile app today, but the problem persists.
  • Hey,

I have the same exact issue as the 1st post. Except with a vivosmart 3 but also with a p9 lite running Android 7.0 and EMUI 5.0.1 the problem started ya week ago. The tracker pairs perfectly with a galaxy s7 edge but not with my p9 lite. Tried on a different p9 lite, same exact problem. Before being able to type in the pairing code, the tracker returns to searching or displays a new code. I assume it's some incompatibility with the latest Garmin Connect and the p9 lite or Huaweis EMUI in general. It's not a pure phone issue, because if I try pairing in the Bluetooth settinga (as I would a Bluetooth speaker) it pairs and shows the code without any problems.

This needs to be addressed quickly.
  • So I rolled back to v3.20.3 and try pairing the watch again but not luck, still get the same message "Timed out while connecting to device". I'm not too sure where the fault could be now :(
  • Hi folks,

Soooooo, me helped downgrade from A7 Nougat to A6 Marshmallow (http://www.stechguide.com/downgrade-...o-marshmallow/). The soft on links works fine.
    My Garmin 235 after two weeks sync again with Huawei P9 lite and everything works perfect.

My conf now is: GCM 4.0.5, Watch 7.50, Android 6.0

• Thank you a lot. I did the same on my Huawei and got them connected. Thanks once again

• You are welcome. I am glad it helped.
  • Surely Garmin is coming to the party with a fix for this, you shouldn't have to roll back the OS version to get one app working again on your phone.
  • Exact same problem since a few days now. Up until now, it has been good.

Forerunner 235 with fw v7.50 and Huawei P9 lite with Android 7.0 (EMUI 5.0, Build VNS-L31C432B380)
    I have tried a lot of things now, such as factory resetting, uninstalling app, removed all bluetooth pairings etc. But still it keeps looping while pairing.
    I would really like to see a fix soon from Garmin!
  • Finally, I was able to re-pair my FR235 to my phone after I did a network reset on the phone. :D

Settings>General Management>Reset>Reset Network Settings