This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Android pairing problem

Hi, so since a few days, my Forerunner 235 wouldn't sync anymore with my phone. This has happened before so I deleted the device from my devices on Garmin Connect and tried to pair it back as that usually works. Now it won't pair anymore. It gets so far as to give me the passkey, but before I can type in the passkey in my phone, the watch goes back to "Ready to Pair" and gives me a new passkey, and so forth. On my phone it says "Timed out while connecting to device" over and over in red and "couldn't connect to Forerunner 235" in grey every time the passkey disappears again.

New passkeys keep showing and disappearing and sometimes I'm fast enough to type it, but it just does the same thing.

I've restarted both Forerunner and phone countless times, turned Bluetooth on and off, all in every order I can think of. It just won't pair back up. I have no idea what to do and I can't find this particular problem anywhere on the internet... help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • With the latest update (7.70.0.0) my phone (Huawai P10 Lite, android 7.0)) connects to my FR235. In Garmin Connect app the watch shows up, but no workouts can be synced. Steps are synced, but workouts, HR or sleep are not. When I connect the watch to my iPhone everything works great.
  • I have the p9 lite, and the beta 7.61 totally fixed the issue for me. In the meantime I have 7.70 too. And I have no issues.
  • I had the same problems.
    Finally my 235 successfully paired with p10 lite. I made the fallowing steps;
    1. Downloaded Garmin Express to my windows computer.
    2. I connected 235 to my computer with usb and have it paired.
    3. Registered 235 with my mail.
    4. My Garmin Connect app to my Android phone is synced with the above mail and after the registration (step 3, via usb to computer) 235 successfully recognized by phone.
    5. Followed steps showed to Garmin Connect and easily paired with Bluetooth.
    Hope to help you.
  • I'm having the same issue, none of the above posts solve the issue :(
  • grolschie is true, it is Google Play Services problem.
    I found this solution working for me on Huawei P10 Lite (Android 7.0), Forerunner 235 firmware 7.52beta and Garmin Connect 4.2:

- Remove updates for Google Play Services - Settings/Apps/More/Show system processes - find Google Play Services and click top right "Uninstall updates". This will temporarily disable google services. Clear all data of google play services and Force stop google play services to be sure to restart it.
    - Pair Forerunner with your phone using Garmin Connect - normal way, this should work now.
    - Reboot phone, Forerunner should connect to phone now automaticallly (as normal).
    - After reboot, Google Play Services should ask for update, DO IT.
    - Open again settings for Google Play Services and edit Permissions - disable "Body Sensors" permission.
    - Now all should work.
    - Maybe good to restart phone and forerunner.
    - Sometimes disconnect, then you need to "Force Stop" Google Play Services, but then it restarts automatically soon and works well.
    (Maybe some more restarts during this process necessary)

Works fine in HUAWEI Y6II ( Cam-L21) , Android 6.0 and Connect 4.4.2 with Forerunner 935 .-
  • I have a Garmin Vivoactive 3 and recently got the Huawei P20 Pro. I've tried restarting both devices, unistal the connection app, location on and off, restore factory settings,...... .. Nothing seems to work. It says it's already paired but connection app can't find my vivoactive.

It's been such a mission.

What haven't I tried?
  • I had the same problem after updating phone software the watch would not connect to Garmin Connect, I factory reset my watch and it connected straight away.
  • same as mine.. since this complaint was 2 years ago, is this issue unfixable? 

• Worked like a charm. (forerunner 235/Samsung S10)

• I got Connect app 4.1.6 but I still can't pair my fr230 and the p9 lite.
    คาสิโนออนไลน์