This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Huawei P9 Notification permissions

[SOLVED]Look below [/SOLVED]

Hey guys, just bought my Garmin Fenix 3 HR! So excited to test this out on my workouts and on my hikes!:)
However, i'm having issues with (i think) my Huawei P9.
Its untested in the compatibility list, but i've followed all instructions as how to set up both devices, and everything works - except notifications.

When i'm in the smart notification-menu, a popup keeps asking me that "connect needs permissions to send notifications to a device".
I click the popup, and get sendt to the menu where i can allow the connect app to do that. however it is already checked.

I've later given connect app access to -ALL- potential permissions, but i still get no notifications, and is beeing bugged about that it still needs permissions to send notifications.

Furthermore i always keep getting "Bluetooth troubleshoot"-notification from the connect app.

This was not an issue with my Fitbit Charge :(

I've read somewhere that I might need to connect it through the android bluetooth-menu, and not through the connect-app for this to work, tried that, but it instantly paired up with the connect app anyhow, and is not visible from the android buildt-in bluetooth menu. Could this be the reason?

Any tips?

EDIT:
I added connect app to the list of "protected apps" and rebooted the huawei. After that, notifications just started working! :)
  • Not working here :(

Hiya

I did all you said: Garmin is protected, rebooted. I'm no longer seeing the pop up but when I toggle the smart notifications and back out to the home screen the toggles do not remain "ON".
    Is there anything else you did?

I've also added Gmail, Calendar, Messaging and Yammer as other apps but, again, no notifications coming through.

Any help, guidance appreciated

Bill
  • Hiya

I did all you said: Garmin is protected, rebooted. I'm no longer seeing the pop up but when I toggle the smart notifications and back out to the home screen the toggles do not remain "ON".
    Is there anything else you did?

I've also added Gmail, Calendar, Messaging and Yammer as other apps but, again, no notifications coming through.

Any help, guidance appreciated

Bill

Having the same issues, anyone figured this out?
  • Same issues with Huawei honor 7 and Vivoactive

Having the same issues, anyone figured this out?

Same issues with Huawei honor 7 and Vivoactive...
  • Same issue with Huawei P9 and vivoactive HR

I have the same issue with Huawei P9 and vivoactive HR.
    I toggle the smart notifications and back out to the home screen the toggles do not remain "ON".
    This only for CALL and SMS.
    For Whatapp, email, facebook the smart notifications works well..
    I tried to remove and readd the device in Connect app but nothing.

Does someone found the solution?
    Where I found the "protected apps" list?
  • Reinstalled Garmin Connect and it works!!!

I have the same issue with Huawei P9 and vivoactive HR.
    I toggle the smart notifications and back out to the home screen the toggles do not remain "ON".
    This only for CALL and SMS.
    For Whatapp, email, facebook the smart notifications works well..
    I tried to remove and readd the device in Connect app but nothing.

Does someone found the solution?
    Where I found the "protected apps" list?

I reinstalled the Garmin Connect app, readd the device, grant all permissions and now it works!!!
    Good..
  • Fix

The trick is to disable Smart Notifications and then enable again in the Notification access panel. After that, the toggles remain ON.

The panel is found under Phone Settings-Lock screen and security-Other security settings-Notification access

Re-install of Garmin Connect Mobile also solves the problem, but this fix is quicker.

I have had the problem come back a couple of times. I think it happens after changing watch face, but not sure.
  • didn't work for me. It only works when i reboot my phone but after 5min it just turns the notifications back off

• Check out the battery optimizing options of your phone, and make sure that they are disabled for Garmin Connect, as well as for Bluetooth. They need to be always on.