This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keep getting asked to re-pair BT

I am using a Nexus 5 on the latest android build, with a fenix 3.
If I go to the edge of bluetooth coverage, the fenix prompts to repair to the phone. The passcode appears, and I get a notification on the phone to pair. Cancelling these causes no problems and the fenix reconnects fine when back in range. This is obviously a bug, and it's annoying as I walk around the house and garden without my phone in my pocket.
Anyone else experience this? Garmin - known bug?
  • Same issue. Samsung Android and Forerunner 245M. Remove in Connect and re add did not work either. Annoying!

• I moved from iPhone to Android a few weeks ago, and this started happening. I've rebooted, reinstalled, and re-paired multiple times, and this didn't fix. That was with a Samsung Z flip 3 phone. Last week, I found another Android phone (running Android 11), and paired the watch to that phone. Same issue popped up the day I moved phones. 

Need a better troubleshooting guide or exact settings to tweak. 

• I am having the same issue since upgrading to a new samsung phone from a 3 yr old Xiaomi. Both ran android but had zero connectivity issues with the older more basic phone. Now continually getting the request to pair and input the code. Have you had any luck resolving this? 

• I'm now using a Google Pixel 6 Pro, but I don't think it matters. What mostly fixed this for me was removing the watch from Devices in Garmin connect, rebooting the watch (not factory resetting...), and then re-setting up in Connect. It goes pretty quickly.  Give it a shot.

• FWIW, after switching to a new Moto G100, this was driving me crazy too.

• 1/ I tried removing the vivoactive device from Garmin Connect and adding it again
    • 2/ removing and re-installing garmin connect on my phone
    • 3/ turning on/off bluetooth (the only way to sleep)
    • 4/ rebooting phone
    • 5/ rebooting watch

Finally, when I was about to give up, I decided to reset the watch to the default settings (not deleting the activities). I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but it has requested to re-pair for about 6 hours (that's a record).

• Goodluck! I did all of the above and it seemed very promising, yet It still happens to me occasionally if I walk off wearing my watch without my phone or vice versa, I have to pair it each morning unless I keep the devices glued to each other which is absolutely ridiculous and not ideal. Interested to see how you go

• day 2 still good

UPDATE: it's running for 4 days now, haven't had any connection issue. I suppose resetting the watch did it for me.

• I am also having the issue with my Forerunner 45 at night.  I keep getting a 6 digit number and screen light turns on.  The only way I have been able to get it fixed is by trying to add new device. Then it connects.  Problem happens the next night however.  It never asks or is there a place for the 6 digit code. 

• Try resetting your (garmin) device to factory reset, that did the trick for me.