This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Keep getting asked to re-pair BT

I am using a Nexus 5 on the latest android build, with a fenix 3.
If I go to the edge of bluetooth coverage, the fenix prompts to repair to the phone. The passcode appears, and I get a notification on the phone to pair. Cancelling these causes no problems and the fenix reconnects fine when back in range. This is obviously a bug, and it's annoying as I walk around the house and garden without my phone in my pocket.
Anyone else experience this? Garmin - known bug?
  • I am having the same issue on my android phone.  It started a few days ago.  I have a Moto G4Plus running Android 7.  And, it keeps sending the pairing request to my Fenix 5 (shows the 6 digits to enter on the phone).  But, it is already paired!  Why does this keep happening.  I can sync and update watch information to Garmin Connect without re-pairing.  They are already paired !  Hopefully Garmin can correct this annoying problem.

• Hopefully Garmin can correct this annoying problem.

... or Motorola. Or Google (Android). Or yourself (priviledges, user settings). Unless you already know what the culprit is, it is hard to tell who should and could correct this annoying problem.

I'd recommend checking the application priviledges, the BT parameters, and power-saving parameters - it could be for example possible that your Moto turns off Bluetooth to save power.

• Thank you trux for your comments.  I wish there was a way to determine what changed in the last few days to cause this.  I haven't made any changes.  But, what I was guessing was the recent Garmin software update to my Fenix 5.  But, as you say, it could be Motorola, google, myself . . . etc . . .

Thank you again,

crsimmons

• You could also try turning off both the phone and the watch, and then turning them on again. If something got stucked after an upgrade, it might perhaps help

• Having the same issue with Fenix 5 & a google android phone.  Watch pairs successfully and communicates with phone.  However an hour or two later the phone drops back into repairing (showing 6 numbers) and i have to exit the screen.  The problem isnt with the phone - its a fenix issue.  There's no need to repair after a device is repaired.  Status is 'waiting for phone' on fenix.  Any suggestions on how to prevent the fenix re-pairing (I'm not selecting pairing obviously).  Only solution to stop this problem is to disable phone connection.

• Same issue with new Fenix5 - any solutions?

Hello Garmin - user support?!

• Hello Garmin - user support?!

You can try to re-pair per these instructions.

For an exhaustive list of troubleshooting steps - Sync / Connection Troubleshooting Guide

If you want to speak with Garmin support directly, best to do it via phone or chat starting here - https://support.garmin.com

• I have the same issue, I've got a fenix 5s plus, and an Android one plus, it's been happening for the last year! Sometimes it will connect once after inputting in code but 90% of the time I have to input it multiple times, for days! 

• Seems to happen every time I charge fenix watch
  • Have the same issues with my forerunner45 any  help ease garmin

• Canned Spam....Never read the original post. 

This is new.  Never had the message pop up again and again while charging my watch.  There are no options to change any of its behaviour except to remove the app.