This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

bug in editing settings groups

I uploaded a beta datafield to the store to be able to debug the new settings groups: https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/8cfc5bd9-0835-4522-b3a0-fd3dfbfc58d2

When I edit the settings in Connect IQ Store Android the settings are "lost".

To reproduce:

1. this is my settings.xml:

<settings>
  <group id="mainGroup" title="@Strings.AppName" description="@Strings.settingsIntHrGroupTitle">
    <setting propertyKey="@Properties.hrmAntID" title="@Strings.settingsExtHrmAntId" prompt="@Strings.settingsExtHrmAntIdPrompt">
      <settingConfig type="numeric" min="0"/>
    </setting>
    <setting propertyKey="@Properties.showIntHr" title="@Strings.settingsShowIntHr">
      <settingConfig type="boolean"/>
    </setting>
  </group>
  <group id="intHRGroup" title="@Strings.settingsIntHrGroupTitle" description="@Strings.settingsIntHrGroupDescription" enableIfTrue="@Properties.showIntHr">
    <setting propertyKey="@Properties.intHrSide" title="@Strings.settingsIntHrSide">
      <settingConfig type="boolean"/>
    </setting>
    <setting propertyKey="@Properties.intHrPrefix" title="@Strings.settingsIntHrPrefixTitle">
      <settingConfig type="alphaNumeric"/>
    </setting>
    <setting propertyKey="@Properties.extHrPrefix" title="@Strings.settingsExtHrPrefixTitle">
      <settingConfig type="alphaNumeric"/>
    </setting>
  </group>
</settings>

2. start to edit settings in android

3. enable showIntHr. This will correctly (though very inconveniently*) display intHRGroup as it's dependent on it (enableIfTrue="@Properties.showIntHr")

4. enter the group settings

5. go back to the main settings (either using the left arrow in the top-left corner or by using the android device's back button)

6. you'll see that the previous changes in the settings are lost

*) I would also argue that the way the grouped settings seems to be implemented is not user friendly. I think it would be much better if the group would be displayed in the same page (in the main settings page) instead of opening them in a new page. For example when I see now the group's title, and the ">" in the right side, clicking on it I would expect to see the group settings opened below it (probably changing the right arrow to a down arrow)