This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express not recognizing my ANT+ Stick

This seems to be somewhat of a regular occurrence with Garmin Express updates after doing a google search. I have my ANT+ stick inserted on the back of my iMAC. I have the most recent GE software. I have unplugged, restarted, and reinserted the ANT+ stick to no green light.

This is really frustrating not being about to upload my activities via ANT+, please help!

Luke
  • LGangway

I am sorry that you are having trouble syncing your data. Have you verified that the computer is recognizing the ANT stick? How do I verify a physical connection of a USB ANT Stick to my computer?

If the ANT stick is not detected by the computer and you have already tried multiple USB ports, it will most likely need to be replaced.

If the ANT stick is detected by the computer but not Garmin Express:
    • Make sure that Garmin Express is up to date
    • Make sure that ANT Agent is not installed on the computer
    • Try removing the device from Garmin Express and see if you can repair it again

If you are unable to repair the device with Garmin Express, it would be best to contact Product Support by phone.

Jason
  • I've done all of the above. The Mac recognizes the ANT+ USB Stick as it shows on System Information. I guess I'll be calling into support, I have a PC and can't seem to get my 910t to pair on it either. Super frustrated with the new Garmin Express update.

Luke
  • Same problem

I have the same problem. Garmin Express does not recognize my ANT+ stick on my Mac. System Information shows the stick is connected properly. I'm 100% sure the stick is working, since ANT Agent works fine with it on this very same machine. (Of course I uninstalled ANT Agent because having it installed can cause problems for Garmin Express).
  • I'm having problems too.
    I haven't used my Garmin Forerunner 410 for about 3 months (due to injury) I went for a run and then when I plugged in my Ant Agent I was forced to download Garmin Express. It recognises the Ant Agent Stick, but it isn't downloading the data.

What confuses me more is that. I hadn't downloaded an activity which was prior to my injury and that activity did download.
    Not impressed at all
  • Hey Peeps,
    Make sure you register Garmin Express. My activities have now downloaded.
    Just a thought, this might not be the answer.
  • Same problem here

Experiencing the same program after Garmin Express upgrade to ver. 4.1.5.0: The USB stick is no longer recognized.

In fact, after the upgrade, it did work once with the Garmin Swim, but no longer with the Forerunner 405CX. Guess that there should be a software issue?
  • CAROLUSJG

I am sorry that you are having trouble with Garmin Express. We have seen a few reports of this behavior after updating to the latest version of Garmin Express and are currently investigating it. In order to fix this issue, please remove your device from Garmin Express and then repair it again.

Jason
  • It worked

Hello again, yes by deleting and recouping with the 405CX, it was recognized and activities successfully uploaded.
  • It has happened again  today 1st June 2020 after installing latest update for 910XT

• Hey ! Did you fix the problem ? I am having trouble with my computer, but I tried in another one and it worked... Don't know what to do. I have an 910XT too.