This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express "Sorry, we're having a problem connecting to our servers". AGAIN

I'm trying to upload some sessions.

I start up Garmin Express and it says "Sorry, we're having a problem connecting to our servers". From past experience this is a catch all error if anything goes wrong.

If I dismiss the error and try to "Refresh to check for updates" it says I need to reauthenticate and prompts me with the dialog to do so. I do this and it gives the same message about not being able ton connect to their servers.

I can log into Garmin Connect without issue.

Anyone know if there really is a server issue? The servers seem to be down an awful lot for such a large company. Seem to spend my life hitting issues just trying to upload sessions.
  • I have the same issue, I tried Connect Express in a Windows10 and another Windows7 and the problem is the same al time

"There was a problem connecting to the Garmin servers.

We're unable to sign you in because our servers are unavailable this time"

I tried to connect to download maps, and works, but my Forerunner 45 doesn't allow this option.

Connect Express is cryptic, can you help please?

• I got the dreaded "Sorry, we're having a problem connecting to our servers"" message after installing Garmin Express V6.19.4.0.  The Installer had inserted a shortcut on the Windows desktop, but "run as Administrator" was not enabled in the Advanced Shortcut properties.  After being enabled, the "Sorry, we're having a problem connecting to our servers" message disappeared and GE then worked correctly.  In a prior install (of V6.15.0.0) I'd observed a similar error message, but in that case it was due to residual dross in the installation folder that the Uninstall process for its predecessor had failed to remove.  Garmin Express seems to be a temperamental piece of software, to say the least.  I'm currently running V6.19.4.0 in Win7 Compatibility Mode on a Windows-10 operating system.

• I run mine direct in Win 10, no issues for years

• Sussamb:  Thanks for the tip about running directly in Win-10.  I just tried that myself with GE V6.19.4.0 and it ran successfully.  If I recall correctly, I set the Win-7 Compatibility mode several years ago with a much earlier version of GE, when I was trying just about any and every option to get it to work under Win-10.  I've always been able to get GE to work eventiually and update the maps on my Nuvi, but it has taken much determination.  I really like my Nuvi 2797 LMT though and there's even a detailed Q&A on Amazon about how to change the battery (part # 361-00066-00)  if need be.

• Same issue with my 230. Garmin Express will allow my wife's 230 to connect, but not mine. I really hate your software--GLITCHY!!!!

• Run through this FAQ, something with your system will be stopping your  230 connecting https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=uZQHyc3C4s2S0wfUYR2QY9&searchType=noProduct

If no luck with that call Garmin so they can have a detailed look at your system, if Garmin Express sees your wife's 230 but not yours it's likely an issue with your 230 rather than Express.

• Now I am having the same issue.  I have the time and the skills to get this resolved so I intend to work through this one step at a time and try to get to the bottom of it.  For background; my device is a Fenix 2 I've had for about 4 years.  It almost always works perfectly and I have been using Garmin Express and Garmin Connect and Basecamp since I purchased the watch.  The issue has only recently commenced occurring and so far only on my laptop.  The desktop still woks fine.  Both PCs are running the same, latest, version of Windows.  I'll start by uninstalling all Garmin software and re-installing.  Back soon.

• I also deleted all the registry keys containing "garmin".  Not the Values and Data.  Just the Keys.  Rebooted.  Reinstalled Garmin Express and then plugged in my Fenix and re-added the device in Express and 'Voila'.  All good.