This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express "Sorry, we're having a problem connecting to our servers". AGAIN

I'm trying to upload some sessions.

I start up Garmin Express and it says "Sorry, we're having a problem connecting to our servers". From past experience this is a catch all error if anything goes wrong.

If I dismiss the error and try to "Refresh to check for updates" it says I need to reauthenticate and prompts me with the dialog to do so. I do this and it gives the same message about not being able ton connect to their servers.

I can log into Garmin Connect without issue.

Anyone know if there really is a server issue? The servers seem to be down an awful lot for such a large company. Seem to spend my life hitting issues just trying to upload sessions.
  • theredaaron

There are no known issues with the Servers. You can check the Connect Status page at any time to see the server status.

Garmin Connect Status

I suggest you remove your device from Garmin Express and Connect then add it back again.

How do I delete a fitness device from Garmin Express?

If you continue to have trouble provide which device you are working with.

Curt
  • Still can't authenticate

Thanks for the response.

I checked the Connect status before I posted, hence my comments about being suspicious of whether the issue was due to server unavailability. Connect was available then and is available now.

I can now see that the Fenix watch has gone green in Express but I still can't connect using Express. It prompts me to reauthenticate every time I try and connect, and then comes back the the server unavailable message.

I can successfully log out and log in to connect directly.

It's just with Express I can't connect, so I can't upload any sessions.

I took your advice and removed the device. However I can no longer add the device back because your servers are unavailable.

It feels iike I'm going backwards.
  • Is your Express up to date? I ask because the 'reauthentication' problem did occur with an earlier version in some cases but has been corrected.

Try updating Express if it's not.

You also still haven't said what device you have?
  • Thanks for your response.

I'm trying to to upload from a Fenix 3 but I'm not sure that's relevant as I have the issue clicking on any device. Fenix has gone as an option now as I followed the instructions above and removed the device. I can't add it back now. If I clock on an existing device I get a red banner saying "Sorry, we're having a problem communicating with our servers".

I dismiss this and the clock "Refresh to check for updates" but then get prompted to reauthenticate. I thn go round in circles.

Express isn't connecting to the servers for some reason.

I can connect to Garmin Connect directly and log in without problem.

I have removed, downloaded and reinstalled Garmin Express and get the same issue.

I've also rebooted my mac just in case but I still get the same issue.

I simply can't connect using Express.
  • Click on this link http://omt.garmin.com/ to verify whether you can connect to Garmin servers. If it's OK then try the steps in this FAQ

http://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/simpleCase.htm?caseId={dd8e8b20-ef1e-11e2-7dd9-000000000000}&kbName=garmin
  • theredaaron,

I'm sorry about the issues you are having with Express. SUSSAMB is correct in saying this is usually an issue we see when running an older version of Garmin Express. If Garmin Express is up to date, it's possible there is some old data stuck in some of the system folders for Garmin Express. I would advise a full uninstall and reinstall of Garmin Express using the uninstall instructions from this article: How do I completely uninstall Garmin Express?

You can install the latest version of Garmin Express from this page.

Please let us know if you continue to have issues after following these procedures.

Ryan
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    I have done all what you suggest, none of them fixes the problem

Hello,

I'm quite computer savvy, I just got a new Garmin Swim. It is my first garmin device. It is recognized by Garmin Express software via an Ant stick.
    When I try to log into my account via Garmin Express software, it says that there are some connectivity issues. I have done all what you suggest, none of them fixes the problem.

1. I'm able to reach Garmin Express servers at http://omt.garmin.com/

2. My Garmin Express is up to date

3. My time settings are correct
    4. I turned off all the firewalls and filters
    5. My Proxy/LAN Settings are correct

BUT I STILL NOT BEING ABLE TO CONNECT TO GARMIN EXPRESS SERVERS WITH GARMIN EXPRESS

Would you please actually tell me what is going on? Otherwise I will just return the product and ask for a refund,

Thanks
  • fvlr

If you are still having problems I would suggest contacting support.

Albert
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    thanks

Thanks for the invaluable help and information you provide.
  • I think you need to understand that if you've tried the normal solutions the only other way to get sensible help is to contact Product Support. They can investigate your problem in detail and if required remotely access your system.

Despite your rather sarcastic comment the advice given by Albert is helpful.