This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

sync issues

Hi

The Garmin Express (version 6.19.0.0) on my Macbook pro(Mojave version 10.14.6) does not recognize Forerunner225 when connected via USB port, while the Forerunner has no problem charging.

It has been working fine until Software Update Available showed up in Garmin Express. When I click "Install", it says "Plug In Your Device" but after hours of "Searching for device..." it cannot recognize Forerunner225 connected.

Thanks in advance!

• Have you switched off then on your Mac?

• Multiple problems with Garmin Express after most recent update to v6.19.0.0. Experienced when attempting to update my nüvi 255W and install the latest City Navigator North America NT 2020.3 map update... First, Garmin Express would not recognize the connected device; next, it hung while "preparing for map update;" thirdly, it ejected the device 1/3 way through the map update.

To solve, each time it hung up, I would Force Quit the app, restart it (not the iMac, just the Garmin Express application), re-connect the device, and re-try. It finally worked all the way through and (fortunately) the map update picked up where it left off rather than restarting the 3 hour process from the beginning.

BTW: I have NOT yet updated my macOS to v10.15 Catalina. 

• Well at least you got it updated Slight smile

• It got resolved when I updated MacOS to ver10.15.1 and restarting the whole system and Garmin Express. Thank you all for the suggestions!

Simply restarting macbook didn't make any changes nor reconnecting/restarting Garmin Express.

• Shouldn't be that difficult, but yes.

• Hi all,

Since November I have a fenix 6x Sapphire, but when I connect it to the computer (MacBook Air), Garmin Express recognizes the device but the icon of the "external drive" doesn't show. I tested with my previous watches (Fenix, Fenix 3, Fenix 5x and my wife's Forerunners) and the icon for each one appeared. With my Fenix 6x Sapphire, in order to disconnect from computer, I have to turn the computer off. I have tried the submenu of eject device, but it doesn't do anything.

I don't know if it has to do with the MacBook Air (macOS 10.15.2) or a fenix configuration of the USB Mode which I have in Media Transfer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards!!

Leo

PS. My wife´s fenix 6 Sapphire has the same behavior. 

• mtp devices work differently to mass storage devices, you simply unplug them.

• Ohhhh thanks so much!!! Really appreciate your help!!

Best regards!!