This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express on Mac keeps crashing

Since latest update I'm able to launch Garmin Express but ir crashes in 2 secs. Every time like the screenshot attached.

• OK this is annoying. All the answers below do not work for me. I followed these instructions (Mac OS 10.14.5), including the reinstall, and as soon as I re-added my device it starts crashing again. I can open Garmin Express without my watch connected to the computer (very handy) but as soon as I connect the watch it crashes. So...Garmin Express is completely useless for me. I bought a music version of a watch that I can't load music onto.

Can we get a version of Garmin Express that actually works?

That crashes frequently, too. Also please try using either version to rearrange widgets or apps. All I have to do to crash either version is click on any widget or app and try to drag it and GE crashes instantly. General feedback, I've spent 30 years in the IT industry and GE on the has been the most unstable application I have experienced. This has been the case through most of the versions for the last two years. Please don't take this as a personal criticism, it is feedback and I hope you can argue for the resources and the processes to build in more stability in future versions.

• I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but I can't even get v6.14.0 to open (OS X 10.14.5). Please see the attached screenshot. I downloaded as instructed and then restarted my computer, just in case.

• We released Garmin Express 6.16.0 which should have resolved this issue.  The link to 6.14.0 has been removed.  Please install the current version and try again.

• Confirmed. Finally 6.16.0 fixed the problem. Just a pity that it took almost 1 month. Still, thanks.

• So I've updated to 6.16.0 and this ... 

"Also please try using either version to rearrange widgets or apps. All I have to do to crash either version is click on any widget or app and try to drag it and GE crashes instantly."

... is still a problem: try to rearrange widgets etc using the drag and drop interface and it instantly crashes. So this joke of a software application maintains it's ongoing farcical instability. Please get a grip of your software Garmin. It lets down your excellent hardware.

• Still crashing the same way as 6.15 and 6.14 for me.

• This crash started happening for me with 6.15.0.  Full uninstall/reinstall did not fix it.  6.16.0 did not fix the problem, also tested with a full uninstall/reinstall.

I created an alternate user account with 6.16.0 and the crash does not occur when launching Garmin Express from the alternate account.  IMO, this indicates that Garmin Express is storing some configuration in a place that the Full Uninstall procedure does not clean.

• Same here. Newest GE 6.16.0 still keeps crashing. Thanks for that.