This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express will not open Garmin Connect to add new device.

I am trying to add my Fenix 3 HR to GE in order to set up WiFi and in order to update the firmware. When I open GE the Fenix is recognised and connected. I then get the sync with connect screen. I already have a connect account yet every time I hit the sign in button I get a blank screen which does nothing! (I've tried the create account button but same thing happens). An older version of GE had my FR410 on it back in the day and that synced fine. Has anybody else had a similar issue as this is driving me mad!! Thanks.
ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1452076.png ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1452077.png
  • I’ve completely uninstalled and reinstalled about four times but it makes no difference?
  • I have the same problem here. Got my new Garmin 645 Forerunner Music today, Garmin Express says Forerunner 645 Music connected, but when I try to sign in I have the same blank screen! I hope someone can help us!
  • I have the same problem here. Got my new Garmin 645 Forerunner Music today, Garmin Express says Forerunner 645 Music connected, but when I try to sign in I have the same blank screen! I hope someone can help us!

I’m hoping Garmin are helping. They’ve requested various info and logs etc which I sent them 48 hours ago.....fingers crossed I hear back!! I’m running a 27” 2011 iMac with latest OS.
  • Same problem here! Tried to set up the WiFi for my Edge 1000 and all I can get is that white screen!! I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times, cleared cache, delete Garmin Express folder form library... Nothing works!!! The funny thing is that it used to!! Garmin, WE NEED A SOLUTION!!
  • I remember I installed a new Java version on my Mac the day before I installed Garmin Express. I have no idea if that has anything to do with our problem? Did you do the same?
  • I remember I installed a new Java version on my Mac the day before I installed Garmin Express. I have no idea if that has anything to do with our problem? Did you do the same?

Not working. Java says I have the latest version, and I reinstalled it. Also tried to change the default web browser to Firefox or Chrome, no luck. We need to solve this!!
  • Well I’ve still not received a reply from Garmin after their initial couple of responses. I’m going to try installing GE and adding my Fenix onto a friend’s MacBook this evening. Will let you all know how I get on tomorrow.
  • I’m having the same exact problem, albeit I’m running an older mac(2008) with older os(elcapitan). I thought my machine had finally been outdated. I’ve tried all of the above to no avail. This happened after an update of ge, with a new device. I have two others and they worked flawlessly before.