This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express will not open Garmin Connect to add new device.

I am trying to add my Fenix 3 HR to GE in order to set up WiFi and in order to update the firmware. When I open GE the Fenix is recognised and connected. I then get the sync with connect screen. I already have a connect account yet every time I hit the sign in button I get a blank screen which does nothing! (I've tried the create account button but same thing happens). An older version of GE had my FR410 on it back in the day and that synced fine. Has anybody else had a similar issue as this is driving me mad!! Thanks.
ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1452076.png ciq.forums.garmin.com/.../1452077.png
  • Same exact problem here. Error message saying I need to reuthenticate with Garmin Connect, then a blank login screen with just a cancel button. Tried reinstalling Garmin Express, removing ANT stick, etc etc etc. No good. Clearly some sort of bug in the newest Garmin Express install (6.11.0.0). HUGELY frustrating. Hopefully Garmin is monitoring this forum (otherwise what's the point of it?).
  • Any luck jpoc71

Well I’ve managed to get it sorted at last. I’m pretty sure that the problem is a compatibility issue with El Capitan. I Installed the latest GE on a friend’s MacBook and managed to load everything no problem, thus determining that it wasn’t the watch that was the problem. I got home and updated my iMac to High Sierra (the newest that it can take) and hey presto GE worked perfectly.
    This is what should come up when you hit the log in button.
    Hope this helps!
  • Thanks for your info. I'm running El Capitan because my MacBook Pro (2009) can't upgrade to Sierra (too old). But...I saw that the software should be compatible with El Capitan, and buying a new Mac because the software of Garmin does't work is not such a good idea for my wallet... If I have an older version of Garmin Express that works fine with my Forerunner 645, it would be a second best. Anyone an idea how and where to get it?
  • I’m in a similar situation. I have an ‘08 iMac and high Sierra isnt supported. I did find a patch that enables older machines to use this newer os. Do a google search for the patch.
  • Looks like the patch eliminates wifi for my mac. So in order to run garmin express on my mac i would need to 1. Install the workaround to install sierra on my mac ,replace the wifi card or hardwire or 2.try to find a legacy version of express that can operate on el capitan. Seems like a lot to do to sign on to connect through express but hey if it works right?
  • Well after many attempts zero of the older versions of express work. Looks like I’m going to have to use the pc to register and update my new watch. No all bad just the slightest amount of inconvenience. If anyone has any other solutions I’m willing to try.
  • I am trying to add my Fenix 3 HR to GE in order to set up WiFi and in order to update the firmware. When I open GE the Fenix is recognised and connected. I then get the sync with connect screen. I already have a connect account yet every time I hit the sign in button I get a blank screen which does nothing! (I've tried the create account button but same thing happens). An older version of GE had my FR410 on it back in the day and that synced fine. Has anybody else had a similar issue as this is driving me mad!! Thanks.

Same annoying issue here! Blank page when adding a new device (fenix 5s). Running a macbook pro mid 2010, el cap OS.
  • Same annoying issue here! Blank page when adding a new device (fenix 5s). Running a macbook pro mid 2010, el cap OS.

Looks like you would be able to upgrade as per my earlier post?
    [h=2]Mac Hardware Requirements[/h]
    For details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon at the top left of your screen, choose About This Mac. These Mac models are compatible with macOS High Sierra:
    • MacBook (Late 2009 or newer)
    • MacBook Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
    • MacBook Air (Late 2010 or newer)
    • Mac mini (Mid 2010 or newer)
    • iMac (Late 2009 or newer)
    • Mac Pro (Mid 2010 or newer)
  • Garmin have acknowledged theres a problem, but who knows how long it may take to resolve! Just to be safe I might sell some of the wife's jewellery and get myself a new iMac:):)

Hi Jon,

The issue you are referring to is something that we are aware of and are working hard towards a resolution, however, we do not have a time frame for this to be completed as yet.

I have added you to the relevant case so that you can be notified once the issue has been resolved.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause.

Kind regards,

Anthony

Garmin Europe

• Hey everybody, I’ve used the patch too and it works on my Mac. I would recommend reading the manual on http://dosdude1.com/highsierra/ first before you use it. It is quite well indicated on which Macs it works and which Macs have problems with, for instance, the WiFi card. And Garmin, thanks in advance for solving the problem. Will you indicate in this thread when the problem is solved please?