This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express will not recognize Garmin Fenix 5X - ????

I've reinstalled Garmin Express a few times after first not being able to get it to recognize the Fenix 5X - plugging it in to each USB on my MBP a few different times. After reinstalling GE, still no luck. What next???? Any ideas?
  • I paid a thousand dollars for this fenix 5x plus sapphire watch and cannot believe how difficult it is to work with the watch and software. Really unbelievable. And pilots use these products to fly airplanes? Good luck with that.
  • I am still unable to connect my Fenix 5 Plus with Garmin Express (6.13.0.0) under OS X 10.14.4.

I've tried the following steps:

- reinstalled Garmin Express - does not work
    - restarted watch and MacBook Pro multiple time - does not work
    - connected the F5+ to the same MacBook Pro booted into Windows via Boot Camp using the same cable and USB port - works
    - connected a vívosmart 3 under OS X - works
    - connected the F5+ under OS X while the watch is either turned on or off - does not work
    - tried https://forums.garmin.com/forum/garmin-express/garmin-express-mac/154713-?p=1395927#post1395927 - does not work

So I am running out of ideas. Anything left to do aside from only using Windows via Boot Camp to use Garmin Express? I am pretty sure calling support will result in me having to reset the watch to factory defaults and it'll be a pain in the ass to piece it together afterwards. In addition: The watch syncs fine when using Windows.

I think - but I am not sure - the issues started when I once simply unplugged the watch without properly ejecting it. So the most likely issue here is somewhere within OS X.
  • And solved (for now). Simply REMOVING the Fenix 5 Plus from Garmin Express (as in: the software, not physically disconnecting it) and the letting Express search for a new device (and loads of crossed fingers...) and it finally works again. Should've thought about this right from the start...