This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express will not recognize Garmin Fenix 5X - ????

I've reinstalled Garmin Express a few times after first not being able to get it to recognize the Fenix 5X - plugging it in to each USB on my MBP a few different times. After reinstalling GE, still no luck. What next???? Any ideas?
  • I've reinstalled Garmin Express a few times after first not being able to get it to recognize the Fenix 5X - plugging it in to each USB on my MBP a few different times. After reinstalling GE, still no luck. What next???? Any ideas?

Having the same issue, have tried both MBP and iMac and nothing. Only working via GC on iPhone. Everything was working on fw2.4.

I do suspect its a firmware issue not hardware, its charging fine.

Be interested if others are having this issue.

CAM
  • Same problem

I have the same problem

Just tried to connect my 5X to my iMac. It would not recognize it or show up in GE.

It shows up fine on my MacBook. The MacBook was connected using fw2.4 on the 5X and still remembers it. Looks like it is only new connections with problems
  • Same issue here. Fenix 5X on 2.9 with a MacBook Pro. I got it to connect one time and was able to set up sync over wifi but I can't get the watch/computer to recognize each other.
  • Have same issue:

Garmin Fenix 5X - V3.30
    Both Mackbook Air and Macbook Pro will not recognise the device in garmin express, neither will the Mac Finder?
    It does charge though! And it was working fine initially - only experiencing this since last update!

Hope they fix this soon!! :mad:
  • Have same issue:

Garmin Fenix 5X - V3.30
    Both Mackbook Air and Macbook Pro will not recognise the device in garmin express, neither will the Mac Finder?
    It does charge though! And it was working fine initially - only experiencing this since last update!

Hope they fix this soon!! :mad:

+1 here... :(

Watch is detected but nothing mounted

A brand new F5 (not X) is OK on the same port & cable
  • Same here

Same here.

Mac + updated F5x (before was ok) = no connection.

Works fine with the mobile app.

BR,
    Wojciech
  • If your 5X is not showing up as a drive on your Mac, please make sure that the USB mode is set to Mass Storage in Settings=>System=>USB Mode. If this does not solve the problem, it would be best to contact Product Support.

Jason
  • Fenix 5x Sapphire/ Garmin Connext/ Garmin Express NOT WORKING

If your 5X is not showing up as a drive on your Mac, please make sure that the USB mode is set to Mass Storage in Settings=>System=>USB Mode. If this does not solve the problem, it would be best to contact Product Support.

Jason

Same problem here on my MBP 2015 and Fenix 5x Sapphire. Worked b4. Not now. 'Plug in your device' searching....' forever. Gamin Express last synced 5/10/2017. 7 items to install. . .

Watch is 'seen' by Garmin Connect just fine.

I have trashed and re-downloaded Express. Didn't fix. My watch is in USB mode Mass Storage. I do not have web updater app. I have tried several times, restarted computer, etc. Im using Garmin cable, two different USB ports. Nothing else to do but wait for Garmin sw to issue a new update, I suppose

BTW
    "Settings/System USB mode" that Jason is referring to is on the watch.

POSSIBLE SOLUTION. Took advice from elsewhere on forum, powered off watch b4 connecting to Mac. Worked. :) YAY!!!
  • Worked!!

Same here

F5x (3.3) + Express + Mac = not ok
    F5x + Express + windows = ok

Always in mass storage mode.

Solution "powered off watch b4 connecting to Mac Worked perfectly.

BR,
    W
  • Same here

F5x (3.3) + Express + Mac = not ok
    F5x + Express + windows = ok

Always in mass storage mode.

Solution "powered off watch b4 connecting to Mac Worked perfectly.

BR,
    W

Not for me, or should I say that it worked once, then 10 failures then working once again.
    And I tried several USB ports. And this cable works perfectly on a PC ;)