This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express - "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect."

Hi All,

I am looking for some help with the below issue:

I am able to sync my Garmin Edge 800 & 810 with my Garmin connect account, I.E it is sync my recent activities, but it will not allow me to push new courses created and throw up the error within Garmin express ""There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect." even-though the last sync time with my device is being updated within the software.

All of my software is up to date in regards to device firmware and Garmin Express.

I have two devices, a edge 800 & 810 that both experience these issues, I have also tried using a different computer, using a different network to perform the send to device action.

Please see attached image of error message.

Thanks in advance!
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Sorry, no help from me :( But I would like to report the same (or very similar) error:

I'm receiving the same error "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect" from Garmin Express when I connect my Edge 305 to my computer. I haven't plugged it in to my computer since Jan 24, and that's the last activity I can see on my Garmin Connect page.

I have tried several times this morning to sync activities to no avail. I have also updated my Garmin Express software to the latest (I think I had 4.0.15.0 at first, and now it is 4.0.19.0).

UPDATE:

With some googling, I came across this blog: http://sporttracks.mobi/blog/is-garmin-connect-down

I was able to upload my *.TCX files manually to Garmin Connect. For my Edge 305, the TCX files were located here:

C:\ProgramData\Garmin\CoreService\Devices\3500370081\Sync\FitnessHistory

I hope I don't have to do this every time I try to sync my Garmin, especially now that the weather is nice and I'll have a lot more activity...
  • Hi Ewells,

Thanks for adding a note, interesting link for adding files manually.

I have just noticed that if I used a different Garmin Connect account that the Sync goes through there must be a corrupt file of sorts linked to this specific Garmin Connect account, might be worth testing that yourself?

Does anyone have any idea why a specific account could have this issue?

Thanks in advance,
    Vick
  • VickSP,

I'm sorry about the issues you are having syncing with the devices. I have seen this be an issue with the Connect account trying to send over bad information to the device. Try clearing out your sync queue in Garmin Connect:

• Click on the button with two arrows going opposite directions
    • Delete each item that is queued to sync to each device by clicking on the "x" next to each item
    • Try running the sync again with Garmin Express and see if this improves your situation

Let us know if you continue to have issues after trying these steps.

Ryan
  • Well, I tried what you proposed and it doesn't work yet. What is going on? Before all I had to do was plug my Edge 500 and a minute after, my new workouts were uploaded. Now I have to use the old way, and it's not displaying calories anymore.

Really annoying!
  • Same issue here with my Edge 800.

This used to be an intermittent problem - it would happen on really long rides that had a lot of climbing - those rides would have to be manually imported, but now I have about a 50% chance that a daily commuter ride will upload to Garmin Connect successfully.

I have repeatedly tried removing the device from Express and re-adding it.
    I removed the C:\ProgramData\Garmin\CoreService\Devices\{Unit ID}\Sync folder. This made no difference.
    I've tried clearing the items associated sync arrows in Garmin Connect, as suggested above, with no impact.

It's worth mentioning that with the "improvements" to Garmin Express, that the error message "There was an error syncing to Garmin Connect" is really useless. All you can do is click close on the error message. There is no instruction provided that will assist in solving the problem.

I am so disappointed with this and find that I am wasting so much time trying to sync my rides that it is easier to just manually import the data into Strava and forget about using Garmin Connect and Garmin Express altogether. Worst yet, to get a ride into Garmin Connect by exporting the GPX file from Strava to the desktop to then import it into Garmin Connect because Garmin Express/Connect can't read the same file that Strava can. That's just brilliant.

Well done, Garmin. I won't be upgrading to the Edge 1000 anytime soon. I have no faith.
  • JUANPAS71

Please make sure Garmin Express is up to date then remove your device from Express and Connect then manually upload the activities. Once all your data is in Connect Master Reset the device then add it back to Express.

How do I update Garmin Express?

How do I delete a fitness device from Garmin Express?

How do I manually upload data from USB Mass Storage devices to Garmin Connect?

Let us know if you have any questions or if you continue to have troubles please contact Garmin Support by phone.

Curt
  • I agree wish I had never upgraded - shame on you Garmin Express for going backward.....
  • OK, I will try that but not before the weekend. At this time, I'm so scared of trying anything with my Garmin... Today's ride had to be manually uploaded using the old way, which still works. Garmin Express, as expected, didn't work.
  • I am having the exact same problem with my Forerunner 410.

Did everything suggested so far, removed device, master reset it, re-added it.
    It still won't transfer workouts from calendar. I can (and could before) transfer workouts themselves individually, but this is really inconvenient with the 410 as it will overwrite old ones and I now have to transfer a workout everyday I need a new one.
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    Same issue with the forerunner 310 xt, I tried uploading manually the workouts, but they seem to be missing from the garmin connect folder? garmin express is not syncin either. please help, thanks