This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express - "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect."

Hi All,

I am looking for some help with the below issue:

I am able to sync my Garmin Edge 800 & 810 with my Garmin connect account, I.E it is sync my recent activities, but it will not allow me to push new courses created and throw up the error within Garmin express ""There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect." even-though the last sync time with my device is being updated within the software.

All of my software is up to date in regards to device firmware and Garmin Express.

I have two devices, a edge 800 & 810 that both experience these issues, I have also tried using a different computer, using a different network to perform the send to device action.

Please see attached image of error message.

Thanks in advance!
  • Ciesielka254

I would suggest following the steps in the following article:
    What should I do if I'm having issues with the Garmin Express client?

If you continue to have problems after that, please contact support.

Albert
  • Same issue here with Garmin Edge 200. Went through all their troubleshooting procedures...removing the device from Garmin Express, rebooting, re-adding. Made sure all the software and firmware was up latest versions. No improvement. Anytime you try to upload a course from Garmin Connect to the device, it fails with a "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect."

Uploading seems to work fine. Courses are a major feature of this device that is just not usable. PLEASE FIX IT!
  • jfkaminsky

How are the courses created? The Garmin Connect team is currently working to resolve an issue where courses created from an uploaded .gpx file will not send to the device in Garmin Express. If this is how your courses were created, that explains why you are experiencing this difficulty. Have you tried creating the course manually or recreating it? Do you have any special characters in the name?

If the course was not created by an uploaded .gpx file and recreating it manually does not help, contact Product Support by phone for further assistance.

Lisa
  • Hi!

How long do we have to wait for a version of GE that actually works? This is driving me insane.. Have tried to sync my Forerunner 310XT for 1½ days now. There are 3 new activities on the device, but GE says "Synced {yesterday}" BUT the latest actvitity in my connect account is from April 29th.

I have tried EVERYTHING... Reinstalled GE, downgraded to earlier (that worked back then) version, upgraded again, removed my device and all files... Of course restarted the computer between each try.
  • This is really frustrating! I did all that I was supposed to do: Master reset, delete, add, etc... Not only Garmin Express is still giving me headaches because it doesn't sync, but also for the last few rides, my power numbers are around 30 watts below my previous averages. It's not the Vectors because I have 2 bikes with their own set of Vectors each, it's not my legs because my avg speeds are even faster than before, so it must have to be something with my Edge 500... Driving me nuts!!!!
  • i have the same problem with the 810... i'm not able to sync anymore when i connect the device... vivoactive and fenix2 work fine.
  • GTI7

I am sorry for the troubles. Your account shows an activity uploaded today from the Edge 810. Removing the device from Garmin Express and Garmin Connect should be done if you ever encounter repeated sync failure errors. See the FAQ: How do I delete a fitness device from Garmin Express?

Since the Edge 810 is a mass storage device you can manually import activity files from the device. See the FAQ: How do I manually upload data from USB Mass Storage devices to Garmin Connect? Any files that fail to import should be removed or deleted from the device as they may have corrupt data in them. Once the file is removed normal sync should resume.

Curt
  • Tired of Garmin Express.

I have an Edge 1000 unit that has pending updates to the map as well as segment information. When I plug the device into Express and try to update I get the 'problems syncing to garmin connect' error message, or no error and I just loop back around to the initial install message.

I am running the latest version of Express
    The unit does actually sync when I plug it in, just not when I install updates etc
    I have tried removing and adding the device in Express
    There are no activities waiting to be synced up to garmin connect

The screenshot attached shows the install notice as well as the last sync time.

Anyone have any other tips? Starting to lose the love with my edge/
    Damien

• Syncing Issue - Here's what worked for me

In the past 30 - 40 days my watch has not been able to sync to the Garmin Connect with Garmin Express (I have a Forerunner 305). It's always worked fine until my version of Garmin Express updated. And for what it's worth, my watch is still able to upload to the desktop version.

All I did was
    1. uninstall Garmin Express (I was on version 4.0.15
    2. Install Garmin Express 3.2.30 from this site (). I think it actually installed 3.2.29 but whatever
    3. Run the setup in Garmin Express and go to settings and unclick automatically update.

On the first try it uploaded all my runs from the past 30 days.

Good luck.

Thanks,
    Jim
  • damienworrell

Have you tried the troubleshooting on our FAQ What should I do if I am having problems downloading updates in Garmin Express?

If you are still experiencing difficulty, contact Product Support by phone for further assistance.

Lisa