This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

There was an error syncing with garmin connect

Since a week or two I can't sync via Garmin Express anymore. How can I see what the problem is, the error message is a bit generic?

Top Replies

All Replies

• M-HOOGENBOOM

Sorry about the trouble you are having. What type of device do you have (Forerunner, vivofit, Edge, etc.)? There may be a file that Express is unable to upload that is causing that error and preventing any other data from syncing.

Try deleting this folder "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\CoreService\[Unit ID]\Sync" and syncing again.

Anthony
  • Since a week or two I can't sync via Garmin Express anymore. How can I see what the problem is, the error message is a bit generic?

Can you post a screenshot of the error message with the show more option open
  • M-HOOGENBOOM

Sorry about the trouble you are having. What type of device do you have (Forerunner, vivofit, Edge, etc.)? There may be a file that Express is unable to upload that is causing that error and preventing any other data from syncing.

Try deleting this folder "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\CoreService\[Unit ID]\Sync" and syncing again.

Anthony

I have a Forerunner 110. Deleting the folder didn't work. A hard reset didn't work either.
  • Since the Forerunner 110 is a USB mass storage device the corrupt file is on the watch's memory. Use the FAQ: How do I manually upload data from USB Mass Storage devices to Garmin Connect? When you get to the file that wont upload it is corrupt and should be deleted.

Curt
  • Since the Forerunner 110 is a USB mass storage device the corrupt file is on the watch's memory. Use the FAQ: How do I manually upload data from USB Mass Storage devices to Garmin Connect? When you get to the file that wont upload it is corrupt and should be deleted.

Curt

I have done a hard reset and then went for a run, so there is one run on the device. Sync through Garmin Express doesn't work, but I can import that run manually. So this doesn't look like a corrupt file on the device.
  • I'm getting the same "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect." message with my Forerunner 210. I have been manually uploading activities for the last couple days. I have deleted all the activities off of my device and that has not fixed anything.
  • M-HOOGENBOOM

An update for Express was released on the 24th so make sure Express is up to date then try deleting the Forerunner from Express and Connect then adding it back again. If you continue to have trouble I suggest you contact Garmin Support by phone as the problem is most likely local. Your account looks good and Master Resetting the watch would take care of corrupt data. There must be something blocking the Express from sending files to Connect.

Curt
  • When I tried to check for updates it turned out that updating Express has been failing since 4.0.15. Reinstalling Express solved the problem. Thanks for your help.
  • FIXED for Edge 500 data

M-HOOGENBOOM

Anthony

IT WORKED!!!
    (pity the software doesn't deal with this problem better)
  • I just followed this advice regarding a Master Resetting.  Now, all of my workouts or gone, and the Fenix 3 will not communicate with Express my desktop or Mobile.  The workouts are still on my phone and on my account but they are not on the Fenix 3