This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

There was an error syncing with garmin connect

Since a week or two I can't sync via Garmin Express anymore. How can I see what the problem is, the error message is a bit generic?

Top Replies

All Replies

• tl:dr:

If sync fails after completing a activity, try deleting the latest .fit file.

Seems like a corrupt .fit file can break the sync.

You find it at \Garmin\Activities when you connect the device via usb

Just in Case anybody runs into the same error, here is what fixed it for me (Garmin Edge 800, Windows 10, Garmin Express everything updated as of 21.03.2021)

After all the syncing & reinstalling, deleting folders as decribed in this thread failed, i try to upload my latest activity manually by uploading the .fit file to the garmin connect page - and got an error...that got me thinking.

Turns out that the .fit file is corrupt. - after deleting it (...and thus loosing that specific activity) everything works again!

• Turns out that the .fit file is corrupt. - after deleting it (...and thus loosing that specific activity) everything works again!

If the activity is important, rather than deleting the corrupt file, move it off of the device. Then zip the file and attach it here so we can try to repair it (Insert > Image/video/file).

• I am having the same problem. I moved all my fit files off the device and still get error "There was an error syncing with Garmin Connect." My device (edge 510), express and connect are all up to date. I have deleted the sync folder. Any clues on what else I could try.

• Are you trying to sync an activity?

• There are none left on my device to sync - I moved them all on to my hard drive.

• . Still some corruption on there. Try a factory reset. Puts everything back to "day one" condition.

Tools > System > Device Reset > Factory Reset > Reset all user settings

• Thanks but still no luck. - Same error message appears on Garmin Express when I plug in via usb on computer. Opened up Connect on my phone and re-paired  to Bluetooth connected to the edge 510. The express sync goes halfway then fails?

• I have the same problem on a brand new GPSMAP 66i ....unbelievable that it is stock and still has an issue!!!!