After updating Garmin Express 7.20.0.0 maps cannot be installed on PC

After updating Garmin Express to version 7.20.0.0 I Installed City Navigator Europe 2025.10 onto my Zumo XT.

However, trying to install the map to my PC failed every time (looking at the progress bar it seemed like download succeeded, but installation failed). Tried on another PC using same version (7.20.0.0) but got exactly the same problem.

Removing Garmin Express and reinstalling did not help.

I managed to revert to the previous version of Garmin Express (7.19.0.0) et voila, problem solved. Did the same on the other PC with the same result.

Contacted Garmin Product support about this and their aswer was that "they were happy with my feedback" ....

On a side note: would be interesting to know where older versions can be downloaded (had to restore a system backup to revert to older versions)

• I'm going out on a limb - I reckon Garmin servers aren't capable of serving the masses....

• I had installed the maps on my DriveSmart 86, using WiFi (so bypassing Garmin Express on my PC). The reason was that my system disk was rather full,

After I cleaned up the system disk, I wanted to install the 2025-10 maps using Garmin Express 7.20.2.0.

The update procedure ended in an error. I tried again several times, and still the same error.

I checked the map directory ( C:\ ProgramData\Garmin\Maps\RMU\EU ) and found three directories with maps, including older versions that shouldn't be there any more. I deleted all three directories.

I then restarted the installation procedure, and indeed the 2025-10 maps were copied to my PC from the DriveSmart 86, but the procedure again ended in an error.

So I called Garmin Support, and got a wonderful conversation.

Sir, it is no longer possible to install the maps on the PC.

Huh? Garmin Express says they can be installed, and the maps are copied !

Yeah, but do they work?

No, that is why I'm calling.

See, that's what I said, it is no longer supported !

But Garmin Express says it is, how can that be ? It is the latest version of Garmin Express !!

I don't know, but as you see it is no longer supported.

And so on ........

Luckily it indeed does work if you run Garmin Express as administrator !!

• Même problème et même résultat en téléchargeant la version précédente.Merci