This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Express 7.18.0 deletes all activities

After installing the new Express version 7.18.0 and syncing my Forerunner 45, I found that all saved activities were gone. The log was empty.

I had this trouble before with version 7.13.0 and ask that this be corrected, thank you very much!

Top Replies

All Replies

• I have the same problem, Epix Gen 2, only activities saved on the watch are from May but all others are missing. Please resolve this issue.

• Same here. Forerunner 965 and Edge 530, Garmin Express on Windows 10.

• Same here. Edge Explore 2, Garmin Express on Windows 10 Home 64 bit
    Rolled back to 7.17.3 and all is ok now, but having to re-register my devices and ignore the "New version available" message at each startup.

• Has anyone opened a case with Garmin Product Support? I'm chatting with them now.

From the chat session:

CHAT Session started
    Me: After updating Garmin Express to version 7.18, all of the activity fit files stored on the watch are deleted from \GARMIN\ACTIVITY folder. Also, activity history can no longer be viewed on the watch.
    Garmin Support: Did you reset your device
    Me: No. It only happens after syncing the watch with Garmin Express 7.18.
    Me: I ran a test this morning and was able to replicate the issue.
    Me: I am not alone in this issue, as there are several users discussing on the Garmin Forums.
    Garmin Support: Do you have a link for the forum you saw. Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying
    Me: forums.garmin.com/.../express-7-18-0-deletes-all-activities
    Garmin Support: I am checking to see if there are any reports. I will likely need to create a new case
    Garmin Support: Would you mind gathering some screen shots if you are able to?
    Me: Give me a few minutes. I'll create a test activity, open the folder in question, then sync with Garmin Express.
    Garmin Support: If you could also send your express logs, that would be helpful too
    Me:Just now sent the 2 screenshots. And screen shots of the watch showing the activity before syncing with GE then showing it missing from the watch after syncing with GE
    Garmin Support: I would like to continue this via email after I report this.

• Same here. All activities deleted on first sync of Forerunner 955 after 7.18.0 Windows 10 install.

New activities are updated to /Activity and Express syncs OK.... then immediately deletes all FIT from /Activity.

Sync new activity with Garmin Connect and activity is not deleted but next sync via Express deletes all FIT from /Activity.

It's a pain because I copy each FIT to a local drive with Windows Explorer as a backup and  to use in a local 3rd party app. I now need to stop Express running in the background and copy the FIT before loading Express. What a faf.

Not a storage space issue, 17.3 GB free

Sort yourselves out Garmin

• See previous post. I contacted Garmin Product Support. Suggest anyone with this issue do the same.

• Two of us here are having the same problem with a 245 and a 255 watch. All history on the watch has been deleted. We've tested doing new activities and then syncing and they are being deleted from the watch too.

Other half has tried explaining to Garmin Support chat - they're not being helpful!

• Other half has tried explaining to Garmin Support chat

I did the same (see above) It took a while, but with screen shots and sending Garmin Express logs, they've created a case and will be following up with email.

• Same problem with Forerunner 935 and Windows 10

I tried to load the activities manually but when I update with Express it deletes the whole Activity folder