This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express will not launch on my Windows 11 PC

I have two laptops, one is an older Win 10 machine, and I have a new Win 11 machine.  The Win 10 machine works fine with Garmin Express.  Garmin Express will not launch on the new Win 11 machine.  Everything else works fine on the new Win 11 machine

GE downloads and installs fine.  When I try try to launch GE nothing happens.  I get no message or spinning wheel, I get nothing.

I have installed and uninstalled GE multiple times.

I am at a loss at this point.  Any help would be appreciated 

Windows 11 is at the current release and up to date.  The Win 11 machine has 32 GB of RAM and almost a TB of available disk. 

• Is there a way to install an older version? 

• Easily.

Maybe time just upgrade my old Pēnix 6Pro to a newer device Slight smile

• Not necessarily.Grinning

• Please pay attention and let me know what you think....?

I am having exactly the same problem with Window 11 and Garmin Express!

I uninstalled it, downloaded the latest version of Garmin Express and, when launching the app, it ask me to register/sign in. When signing it, it throws up the following message: ``THERE WAS A PROBLEM CONNECTING TO THE GARMIN SERVERS.``

HERE IS THE WEIRD PART.... there is a small highlighted section for signing in to the MARINE SECTION, (on the splash screen that stars up for Garmin Express) when the programme first starts up. If I choose that - it allows me to sign in without a problem!

So, I can sign into Garmin Marine (even though I have no Marine Devices) exactly the same way I would sign in to the fitness accessory side of Garmin Express.

I tried installing older versions of GE but they all failed with the exact same result. you can find them here: garmin-express.en.uptodown.com/.../versions

Buying a new watch or Garmin Edge 1040 will not fix your problem. I have both the Fenix 7X and Edge 1040 and even without attempting to re add these, I get the``THERE WAS A PROBLEM CONNECTING TO THE GARMIN SERVERS.``message.

This all happened almost a week ago, around the same time this was brought out! https://forums.garmin.com/beta-program/fenix-7-series/f/announcements/328645/beta-version-13-09---check-for-updates-only---please-see-important-details-in-post?fbclid=IwAR3VRC2HKroz3eWGeM54r4u2QcPVG1Rvgvu-D4Oc-iYQnUO2T5-K2mBzuV4

• Hi.

There's a lot to be said about the usefulness of Garmin Express.

For me, Garmin Express is the most convenient way to add and remove (without errors) music mp3 files and map updates.

Buying a new Garmin  was ironic Slight smile

• OK!

After all that, I finally found a solution somewhere on this forum - but I can`t remember exactly where I found the thread!!

It is now working on version 7.16.3.0

Close Garmin Express down from the task bar if it is sitting there! (So it is removed from task bar!)

Go into your PC Drive (C)/Users/yourname/AppData/Local/ then delete the two folders here:

1. GARMIN;

2. GARMIN_LTD_OR_ITS_ SUBSID

THEN:

Reinstall Garmin Express and log in. I had to register all my devices again but this solution worked for me.
    I did not need to restart my PC.
    Hope that helps?

If you are looking for older versions of Garmin Express you should find them here:

garmin-express.en.uptodown.com/.../versions

• That worked for me, thank you :)

• I tryed your solution but it didn't work for me. The splash screen is still hanging at startup.

Any other ideas?

Tia

Leurb

• If servers are not available on Windows 11, or GE version does not start at all.

In  Win11 settings

Enable VPN

in the Network & Internet-VPN-Add VPN

Select the third from the top left USA servers ,mandatory PPTP  protocol, login and password from the link

https://www.vpnbook.com/freevpnIin

In Win11  settings

Time&language-Language & region-Country or region –USA- and American unicodes.

Delete the current GE in the usual way and additionally two folders manually

.:\Users\{account name}\AppData\Local\Garmin

.:\Users\{account name}\AppData\Local\Garmin_Ltd._or_its_subsid

Check the folder .:\ProgramData \Garmin, should be empty.

Install the latest version of GE, connect device,  log into your account using your login / password, finish the settings and synchronization.

Exit  program.

Return back regional settings and turn off VPN

All

• Hi there! It sounds like you're having trouble launching Garmin Express on your new Windows 11 machine. Since you've already tried installing and uninstalling the software multiple times without success, there may be another issue at play.