This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't install Maps on PC for BaseCamp with new Zumo XT firmware 5.90

Since installing the brand new firmware 5.90 to the Zumo XT the option to install City Navigator maps also on PC for usage with BaseCamp seem's to be gone - only a fresh installation on the unit itself is possible. The whole map administration has been changed and a installation of the maps to quickly access them with BaseCamp without connection of the Zumo XT to the pc is not possible any more.

If this is a bug (some time ago this problem already appeared after a Garmin Express update!), please fix this quickly - but if this is meant to be so, this is i complete no-go for planning some routes on the pc. Even that the Zumo XT has a lot faster access to his onboard maps than the units before, this is no way for working quick and reliable on pre-planned routes. The maps have to be on the pc for this - please change this back... 

• Great ! Thanks, it works! Should perhaps precise that the new file needs to be in a folder named "Garmin" to be recognize by gamin express

• "Copy the file 'GarminDevice.xml' from the Zumo XT (found in the folder /Garmin/) to the sd card or the usb-stick in a folder 'Garmin' "

this is the 1st sentence in the procedure

• Right, I hadn't been paying attention, and this folder is essential! Anyway, well done!

• Just been told that v7.6.0 has been released which allows installs to the PC again.

Havent had a chance to try it yet though.

• v7.6.0 did fix the issue ... finally, took them long enough!

Maps reinstalling now to PC as we speak.

• Be careful! Garmin has done it again and the new Garmin Express 7.6.0.0. is faulty!

The maps will be installed on the computer, but the unlock file for it will not be installed - so the map is locked and can't be used! This is already verified from many users...

Temporary solution for this - from the folder .System/Maps on the Zumo XT copy the file 'D6210130A.gma'  to  'c:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\Maps\' kopieren(!!), this should unlock the map in BaseCamp...

Alternatively you could copy .gma-Datei to 'c:\ProgramData\Garmin\Maps\', this also should work.... 

• I went to try the SD card 'patch' but got the 7.6.0.0 GE update ready.  So I abandoned the SD card attempt, re-connected the Zumo XT, updated GE and loaded just the maps to the PC.

Fired up BaseCamp to find an update for that too, so updated it.

Now everything working!  2021.3 is unlocked and useable for me.

So it's not everyone that is affected by 7.6.0.0 problems, but I have no idea why my configuration should be different to others.