This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express Windows- TopoActive Europe 2020.10 to Fenix 6 Pro

Hi guys, 

The problem is I can't install TopoActive Europe 2020.10 to my Fenix, it goes to 50% then crashes and tells it can't install. I tried restarting PC, reinstalling Garmin Express and changing USB ports.

• I have now installed Garmin Express 7.0. The map update is still not working. I am using Windows 10.

• I have sent you a PM.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to Garmin-Andrew

I installed the new map as well. After updating it took a very long time untill the watchface appeared, installing the map. I made some routes but when i choose one i only get a white screen when zooming out i only see a basemap no details. When i use Around Me i onley see the watchr spinnig endlessly.  I did a hard and soft reset but it took about  2.30 minutes to only  load the maps after reboot, it had never been so slow before.

Then I did a reinstallation of  the Europe Topo maps through GE  but again the time after restart  was as before.

Then i did a Master Reset (delete all user settings). Again sync watch (but not reinstall maps). Hard and soft reset. Now duration for loading maps after reboot  is about 40 to 50 seconds, shorter than before but again too long.... 

I don't know if that's normal for this update....

Today I did a base run everything was OK. I seem a little laggy at  zoom map and I haven't  tried Around Me.

So maybe  there’s definitely  wrong with the map update or I miss something ???

• Hi tron

if you go into ABOUT on the watch in settings itself and scroll down it should tell you what maps are installed on ur watch. I’ve installed the topoEurope 2020.10 new update and yet it doesn’t show up in ABOUT. All the other maps do ie America ski maps etc. Can you please let me know .

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 3 years ago in reply to 7455919

Hi 7455919, You're right ... I installed the update too, but I don't see the map in the watch System About.

• Nor me, but there are several blank screens if you keep scrolling.

• I have the same problem on actual version :(, but without 50%. 

• This is still happening today, with Garmin Express 7, and a Garmin Forerunner 945.