This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

ANT Agent needed - Windows 10

On Windows 10 most current build

ANT USB stick is inserted

Windows 10 sees it as ANT USB Stick 2

Manufacturer - Dynastream Innovations, Inc

This is where I am stuck

I need the ANT software to run and sync. Garmin Express is not detecting my ANT Stick. I have tried inserting, re inserting, uninstall of driver also.

• I see no-one has answered you yet. Have you been able to solve your issue yet?

It seems to me that, if Express is properly installed, you should have all the software you need for the ANT+ stick to show up. There is no separate install of an ANT agent necessary other than what happens during the install of Express. BTW, I presume you mean ANT+ rather than ANT. There's a significant difference between the two. Also, Garmin uses the standard Windows USB driver for USB devices. The Garmin driver is nothing more than a simple text file that lists the devices that have been setup in Express. 

If I were you, I'd uninstall express, reboot, and reinstall. During install, it should install absolutely everything you need.

However, before doing that, can you try rebooting your PC and/or even try a different USB port?

• This may not have helped the other person, but it certainly helped me.

Thank you!

• So the older ANT sticks do not work. I wish someone from Garmin support would have just told me that, it would have saved me a lot of time. Now I have a Forerunner 50 that is a brick unless I can somehow get the older Garmin Training Center software.

• So the older ANT sticks do not work.

I'm still using the same ANT stick that came with my 310XT from 2009. No issues while running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 with Garmin Express 7.1.4.0.

• Mine is from my Vivofit 1 bought in 2014. Use it almost every day.

• Hi there. Do I have to use the Ant+ stick? Neither my laptop or Garmin Express recognise my 310xt when connected with the USB cable. Thanks. 

• Do I have to use the Ant+ stick?

Yes. The 310XT uses the Garmin USB cable with charging clip for charging only. The USB ANT stick is for syncing data.

• Ever since installing the latest update to Garmin Express, it will no longer recognize the ANT dongle for my Vivofit. I've tried several usb ports, uninstalled and reinstalled Express and neither of those worked. The computer shows the ANT stick connected and I can still get it to work on another computer where I haven't updated Express. Is there a solution to get the latest version of Express to recognize the ANT stick? Can I revert to an older version of Express?

• I have the same problems.
    Tryed another computer but i will not syncronise, waiting for updating Garmin Express but i don't like to do that as it may not find the ANT stick after that.

• Here's what Garmin sent me and it seemed to work, I hadn't tried the "Pair" command before:

First, please restart your computer. Then try removing your Vivofit from Garmin Express on the computer with the newest version of Garmin Express by following the steps in this link: Adding and Removing Devices in Garmin Express

Then plug your ANT+ stick into a difference USB port on the computer - click the Add Device button in Garmin Express- hold the button down on your Vivofit until you see the word 'pair' - release the button and let's see if Express finds it.