This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express WiFi password prompt

As Sussamb has closed the other thread I am opening a new one because the closure of the other thread had nothing to do with the IOS app, using Garmin Express on Windows requires me to log in to set the WiFi password settings every time I plug my watch in to my Windows 10 device, not to my IOS device.

The watch actually retains the settings, I can use GC on my phone and it connects to the watch, I can use the sync settings to update GC but I am forced to enter the password on the Windows 10 Garmin Express App.

• You didn't mention WiFi before … it does help if you give the full information.  Please try the steps in this FAQ https://support.garmin.com/en-GB/?faq=xkGUuymuty7AMJ6bQ8OpH6

• i have exactly the same thing, time to time i will be asked for Password, but everything is correct configured and works correctly, it is really a big buggy Express 6.20 release

• Have you tried the steps in the FAQ?  If so your best bet is to call Product Support so that your problem is logged, then if others do the same it will be looked at, but unless there are significant numbers with an issue nothing will happen.

• I didn't post on the previous thread, I actually came looking to see if I was the only one experiencing the issues and looking at that thread it looked to be the same issues, being prompted to enter my user name / password when doing something with the watch, in my case it's to set up the wifi settings.

As for the FAQ, the device works correctly, it has the WiFi settings correctly, it logs correctly which is why I think it's specifically a GE issue, it's also not specific to 6.20 as it happened on earlier versions as well.

Trust me, as a fellow ex squaddie I do know how to follow instructions ;)

• Then you really need to contact Garmin Product Support and log this with them.

• it's nice that you tell us, we have to contact Product Support who is not responding), but when we do this, we have to do this all the day long (cause Garmin did a bad job and producing errors every day without testing them correctly, the list will be longer every day) and of course i am a customer and my time is valuable, i bought products over 3.000$, so i can expect that Garmin will look arround here and sort it out, or will release a roll back or something similar.

If i release some many bugs in the company where i work, i am sure, i have a meeting with my chief, to sort it out!

Garmin ignore failure analysis, they block attachments in their mails and so on, you never get a confirmation that a email was received and so on, the only thing is sure, they have angry customers like me!

• Sorry but moaning here won't necessarily help, just call them. Whenever I've done so any issue has been resolved quite quickly.  As this issue only seems to be affecting a few folks it's more than likely it's not a Garmin issue but only by speaking to them can you get help, these forums are mainly user to user.

• Come on - you closed my thread down and I'm running Garmin Express for windows with an ANT stick and a 910XT and it keeps prompting me for username and password everytime I launch it and this doesn't appear to be covered by any of the links you have suggested. Fairly useless forum.

• You really need to speak to Garmin Product Support about this if none of FAQs resolve your issue. These forums are mainly user to user help and if only a relatively few are having the issue the resolution is unlikely to be known here. Making Garmin aware of the problem is your best bet.
  • I have been using Garmin Connect/Express almost daily since Garmin released the app as I have been using Garmin cycling computers since the release of the 305. I have the 820, 530, and Venu and every time there is an update, Garmin Express makes me log in to connect the device to wifi. All of the devices communicate with my home wifi just fine. Has anyone else who is experiencing this problem been able to resolve it? TIA.