This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Express WiFi password prompt

As Sussamb has closed the other thread I am opening a new one because the closure of the other thread had nothing to do with the IOS app, using Garmin Express on Windows requires me to log in to set the WiFi password settings every time I plug my watch in to my Windows 10 device, not to my IOS device.

The watch actually retains the settings, I can use GC on my phone and it connects to the watch, I can use the sync settings to update GC but I am forced to enter the password on the Windows 10 Garmin Express App.

• The other thread should not have been closed. The issue is not resolved and this bug still persists. Also accusing people who are frustrated about this issue being in existence for over 2 years of moaning is ridiculous. These are not cheap toys and we may expect issues to be resolved.

Having a NPS score of -2 is shockingly bad. Answering a customer is about finding out their issue, resolving the issue, verify the solution or escalate until a resolution can be offered and verified.

For those unaware NPS is a customer support satisfaction rating and is scored on a scale of -100 to 100 where customers are asked to rate their experience after an interaction with the survey being done independently. If each customer rates an 9 or higher the score would be +100, if each customer rates a 6 or lower the score would be -100. With a -2 Garmin is positioned towards the bottom of the pack and doing horrible. For the price point that is being asked for Garmin gear it should be around de 70s mark at the very least.

I have this issue with Garmin Express as well. Running version 7.7.1.0. Garmin Connect Authentication Domain in Garmin Express is set to The Netherlands. Logging in to Garmin Connect via web browser works fine. Via IOS works fine. Via Windows 10 with the Garmin Express application it keeps prompting. Even reset my password just to be sure. I'm syncing with a Fenix 5 Plus.

The WiFi network on my device is up to date, functional and correct. I have updated this recently using the Garmin Connect app on IOS, but not in Garmin Express.

My Fenix 5 plus either synced the WiFi network setting back to Garmin Express or it was done through Garmin Connect, either way the WiFI network is listed, correct and functional.

How to check your Garmin Express WiFI networks:
    1. Open Garmin Express
    2. Click on Tools & Content
    3. Click Tab named Utilities
    4. Under the header Wi-FI Networks you should see your WiFi networks listed. You can also modify them here.

How to check your Garmin Connect WiFI Networks (IOS)
    1. Open Garmin Connect on your iPhone
    2. Click ... More
    3. Scroll down untill you find Garmin Devices, click on Garmin Devices
    4. Open your device
    5. Go to General -> (WiFi) Networks

A functional workaround seems to be:
    1. Enter your credentials correctly when prompted.
    2. Click on the close window x of the prompt window when prompted again.

• Answering a customer is about finding out their issue, resolving the issue, verify the solution or escalate until a resolution can be offered and verified.

I agree. However, this is a user-to-user support forum. You're talking to Garmin users just like yourself, not Garmin. Even most of the the moderators are volunteer customers. Contact  Garmin Support, as previously suggested. Otherwise, you're only going to get an unofficial answer from fellow customers that are offering help based on their personal experiences. If you feel it's necessary, while speaking with Garmin you could also lecture them on the ITSM processSlight smile Although, the times I've had to contact support have been  pleasant experiences.