This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Cyclops Europe database updates - no longer available via Garmin Express? - Now resolved.

Has Garmin decided to 'pull' support for the 'free' Cyclops Europe speed camera database that I used to be able to access via GE?

Every time I opened GE, I used to receive a prompt telling me that anything from 1 - to 8 speed camera files (up to 2.8Mb) were available for download. I never subscribed to this service but used to update them every so often and assumed it was a service provided for the DriveLuxe 50 and 51 range - my two units both had this 'free'  update but other units didn't. Is this something that Garmin has 'pulled' without warning as the updates haven't shown for over 4 weeks now or is this a temporary issue. I'd appreciate Garmin advising whether this is something they will reinstate or whether it has been withdrawn (I'm not aware there was a trial period so perhaps it is down to the age of these units).

I know other users have noticed that the Cyclops database updates have suddenly disappeared too.

Parents
    • I contacted support via chat and they informed me that they were not responsible for the updates and that they were fed into the system by Cyclops and consequently unless there was an error message there was no update available.
    • I contacted support via chat and they informed me that they were not responsible for the updates and that they were fed into the system by Cyclops and consequently unless there was an error message there was no update available.
Children