This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Map Update Forces Me To Select Canada

While riding my motorcycle yesterday, I got the notice to update my map. So, after plugging up the Zumo 550 to the PC and using Express to recognize it (new PC), the update tells me it's too big -- and I have to pick from a list of available partial maps. And what does it show me???? Just one map -- for Canada and bordering states. Useless to me. Installed in the Lower 49. How do I get around this blockade? I'll attach a screenshot...
  • I don't see the answer to this. I am having the same problem on genuine Garmin Nuvi devices - several of them. I don't have chips in them. They currently have the lower East Coast US maps installed. The only option in Express is the stupid Canada and surrounding states. I just put one in the trash can. Guess I will retrieve it and hope for an answer to this. Garmin Express should give a message stating that the device no longer is supported with the LIFETIME Maps unless you add a chip to the device. It should state this INSTEAD of just offering the Canada maps.

• Well it normally does prompt for an sd card if there isn't enough space for an update. Are you running the latest version of Express? Which device do you have as a few older devices won't allow Express to access the sd card, and an alternative method is required.

• I just put one in the trash can.

Don't do that, ship them all to me, I live in Canada, I could use them.