This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where does Express 6.11.1.0 put activity files?

As well as Garmin Connect I also use SportTracks to log my activities. Previously all activities were stored as .FIT files within the FIT_TYPE_4 folder (ProgramData\Garmin\GarminConnect\Forerunner 610-3888604064\FIT_TYPE_4) during the Express sync with Garmin Connect allowing me to manually import the activities to SportTracks (offline version). Since upgrading to Express 6.11.1.0 this weekend, the sync process doesn't store any files in the same folder.

Where are these now stored?
  • OMG, are you kidding me? There are many times that I need to edit the FIT file before uploading to GarminConnect and Strava. Like if I forget the stop the watch and I need to trim the datafile. What a terrible update that stops storing the datafile locally before uploading it. I've owned every Garmin device and been an investor in the company but this is enough to leave for Suunto.
  • This is unbelievable of Garmin. To retrieve a corrupt file from a Forerunner 610, I just had to re-install version 6.10.0.0 (Thanks Sch0nI for the tip). Forced to accept the "update required" prompt, but was then able to cancel the installation. Was then able to access the corrupt file and then fix it.

Garmin: You know your fit files can sometimes get corrupted on the device. Why have you made it so that some of your paying customers can no longer access these files themselves? Is it because we have an older device - 610 in my case? This is not good customer service.
  • As an update on this it seems Garmin have relented and the .fit files are back where they used to be. I'm using 6.14.1.0 and all seems to be working fine. If so thank you to Garmin for actually listening..

• And now with 6.16.1.0 -  and maybe earlier - the .fit files are gone again.  No longer being downloaded to my computer.  I really think my next watch will be a Suunto.

• I am now on 6.17.0.0 and the FIT files are indeed back where they used to be. Let's hope they stay there.