This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where does Express 6.11.1.0 put activity files?

As well as Garmin Connect I also use SportTracks to log my activities. Previously all activities were stored as .FIT files within the FIT_TYPE_4 folder (ProgramData\Garmin\GarminConnect\Forerunner 610-3888604064\FIT_TYPE_4) during the Express sync with Garmin Connect allowing me to manually import the activities to SportTracks (offline version). Since upgrading to Express 6.11.1.0 this weekend, the sync process doesn't store any files in the same folder.

Where are these now stored?
  • Same problem (and same use - garmin connect and SportTracks)... where can I find them ?
    Thanks
    Chris

(as a temporary work around I see I can export from Garmin Connect back to my computer and import to sporttracks from there but obviously this involves several excess steps before I can access my data)
  • Hi,
    i chatted with the support an hour ago, this feature is gone with Garmin Express version 6.11.1.0!

Version 6.10.0.1 was the last one with this feature... :-(

You can find the installer for 6.10.0.0 on your computer at:
    "C:\ProgramData\Garmin\CoreService\Downloads\Application\Application_Application.express-windows.6.10.0.0\omt\express\windows\6.10.0.0"

Make sure you don't delete all files, when you deinstalling 6.11.1.0 and remove the check mark at the checkbox!

Greetz
  • Activity files are stored on your garmin device in the folder /garmin/activity
  • For a non-music device you can point sporttracks directly to that folder.

For a music device copy the files to a temp folder and then point sporttracks there
  • Activity files are stored on your garmin device in the folder /garmin/activity

We talk about the files on the computer. Not every device has an accessible file folder
  • I know you talk about the files on the computer, but I've provided you with an alternative way, as the files on computer method is no longer an option.

Which device does not have an accessible file folder? (I think I've covered the music devices case by suggesting copying the files there with windows explorer to a temporary folder)
  • I use the Forerunner 610 and there is no way to access any file folder on it. I've looked at the ANT Bluetooth and using the charging cable directly connected to a USB port.

It actually doesn't matter. I would have preferred that Express keep the files locally on my computer so that I can also back them up. Instead I will export the files from Garmin Connect as 'original' and back those up instead. It produces a zip file with the FIT file inside. I understand that FIT files contain more data than GPX so that is the preferred file to use. Not ideal but at least I can import my activities.
  • the forerunner 610 is directly selectable in sporttracks, I'm not sure why you do not use that option? ....

• Because the Garmin Communicator plugin is required and that doesn't work with SportTracks. It hasn't for a long time now.
  • Which device does not have an accessible file folder?

Garmin Swim for example.