This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Where does Express 6.11.1.0 put activity files?

As well as Garmin Connect I also use SportTracks to log my activities. Previously all activities were stored as .FIT files within the FIT_TYPE_4 folder (ProgramData\Garmin\GarminConnect\Forerunner 610-3888604064\FIT_TYPE_4) during the Express sync with Garmin Connect allowing me to manually import the activities to SportTracks (offline version). Since upgrading to Express 6.11.1.0 this weekend, the sync process doesn't store any files in the same folder.

Where are these now stored?
  • Garmin Swim is what I'm using... haven't found a way to directly access it as a drive.

Very surprised that I can't access my own data directly now (and without warning)... the update was described as "Minor bug fixes and improvements", rather than "Removing the ability to transfer data files to your computer" !

Anyone got a better workaround than letting Garmin send the file to Connect via your PC, then logging into to Connect and exporting it back to your PC ??

Thanks
  • Anyone got a better workaround than letting Garmin send the file to Connect via your PC, then logging into to Connect and exporting it back to your PC ??

i wrote an other option...
  • i wrote an other option...

Sorry - didn’t mean to ignore that. I think in the past Garmin Express has insisted on an update and not allowed syncing with older versions (might be wrong here). Will try to find my previous version and not update. Thanks
  • Sorry - didn’t mean to ignore that. I think in the past Garmin Express has insisted on an update and not allowed syncing with older versions (might be wrong here). Will try to find my previous version and not update. Thanks

works fine with me. but have to click "no" on every start.

greetz

• I don't have the 6.10 version on my computer. Anyone know of a downloadable package?

I really hate that Garmin has decided I can't have my own .fit files on my computer. It was bad enough when they decided I had to be connected to the internet just to look at my data on the computer, and this is worse.
  • Same problem here. Contacted Garmin support by email with a clear outline of the problem and got a completely nonsensical reply totally unrelated to my request. Despite telling them I use a Forerunner 310XT and a Garmin Swim, their first instruction was to "plug the device into the computer" - neither device has a cable! Annoying that they clearly don't even bother to understand the issue, merely give a standard 'connection problem' fix..

I too concluded the only way was to export from Garmin Connect. I use Sporttracks and I don't like being forced to use Garmin Connect in this way - it also means you must have an internet connection to retrieve data from the watch.
    Very poor in my opinion, especially without warning.
  • i uploaded it into my dropbox for a while. but when i need the space, i have to delete it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nj114bjx8xz47qe/GarminExpressInstaller.exe?dl=0
  • This might be a solution for old units like 610, 310xt and Swim: You can still use the good old Ant Agent to get your files from these units to the pc.

You'll have to search the net to find the Ant Agent installation file, as you cannot get it at Garmin anymore. I use Ant Agent v. 2.3.4 for Windows when I occasionally use the 310xt, which is now my spare watch.

There are, however, a couple of problems with this:

1. I don't think Ant Agent will upload your files to Garmin Connect anymore.

2. Making it coexist with Garmin Express is not without complications. As far as I recall, Garmin Express will uninstall Ant Agent whenever Garmin Express installs an update. However, I'm sure some of you bright guys will find a way to overcome these problems. A solution might be to reinstall Ant Agent whenever Garmin Express uninstalls it.

On my Windows 10 pc, Ant Agent stores my 310xt FIT files in this folder: C:\Users\info\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\Devices\3709182493\Activities

Try it and let's know if it works for you! :-)
  • This really is customer care at its worst. Why make all Sporttracks users angry? Just because? Please bring back the auto save to the usual computer folder. It is my data. I just let you, Garmin, profit from it. But it is still my data. I can take it away at any time.