BMW Navigator VI - not recognised - DELL Win 10

HI All - hope somebody has the fix to this.
I just bought the Garmin BMW Navigator VI but when I plug it to my DELL laptop (Win 10), nothing happens. I can only see the navigator switching on and that the battery is recharging.
I went though different forums and it seems there is an issue with Win 10 but I could not found the solution.

I need to connect it via Garmin Express to register it and make all required updates but, as I said above, it is not recognised.

Any suggestions? Something I need to somehow update on the nav before it gets recognised?

The Laptop is a DELL XPS running on Win 10.

Thanks
Christian

Parents
  • Yes, I blame Garmin, USB 3.0 is here to stay and going into all high end laptops and desktops, so if you're behind the times, that's your problem and it appears if i stick with Garmin, mine as well. so much for keeping up with technology.

For anyone still following this, Garmin has not fixed this. YES THIS IS GARMIN's PROBLEM - The Nav V & VI are both not compatible with any USB  3.0 port hubs

GARMIN----- FIX [email protected]!!! you should be embarrassed by now!!!

• Yes, I blame Garmin, USB 3.0 is here to stay and going into all high end laptops and desktops, so if you're behind the times, that's your problem and it appears if i stick with Garmin, mine as well. so much for keeping up with technology.

For anyone still following this, Garmin has not fixed this. YES THIS IS GARMIN's PROBLEM - The Nav V & VI are both not compatible with any USB  3.0 port hubs

GARMIN----- FIX [email protected]!!! you should be embarrassed by now!!!

Children
No Data