This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

PC No longer Recognices Nuvi 2595LM

I have TWO Nuvi 2595lmt one for Europe and one for America. I really need some help here as I can not believe BOTH devices could fail at the same time

My Europe device (s/n 2ES729304) would not connect to my PC for the latest map update. Having tried everything I could think of I emailed Garmin and the outcome was that it was faulty and I should replace it. (which I now have with a DriveSmart 51)

I have now connected my NUVI with US mapping to my laptop and it is exhibiting EXACTLY the same issues, i.e. the PC does not recognise it. I am running Win 8.1 and IE 11; I have reloaded the USB drivers I have manually loaded Garmin Communicator and Garmin Express.

I have another PC with Win7 on it and I have tried a fresh install of Garmin Express/Communicator to no avail. The PC does not see the device as a storage device.

Both of these Nuvis worked perfectly OK until recently, they are both up to date with mapping and software. This has only come about when I tried to connect for the latest update.

Addendum: When the device is connect to the USB (I have tried various cables and checked the cable with the New DriveSmart51) the computer icon comes on the Nuvi screen, stays there for a while and then goes off and loads the maps as if there is no USB cable connected.
  • That's a good point Sussamb, I will give that a go and report back.
  • While this thread is old...my Nuvi 2595 was also working just fine when I used it last in 2016, I plugged it in yesterday and Garmin Express (updated version) recognized it - said there was an update so I chose install - it stopped mid install to restart and from that point forward it is no longer recognized by my computer and I get the error via the USB does not recognize, but my Garmin 65 is still recognized via the same cord.  It is frustrating and upsetting.  I can still use it as it loads, but can not get it connected to anything, nor see the hard drive - that tells me it is something in the updating software for it that no longer allows the computer to see it.  If it sees it and then you chose to update and it stops mid update only to not recognize it.  I am upset an frustrated and nothing out there gives us an answer :-(  I've thought about resetting it to factory and I have a backup of it...but I doubt that will fix it and don't want to reset everything if it doesn't restore it completely :-(

However I did get that site to come up and there is a guy "dac" on there - his instructions to click on the volume button then hold you finger in the top right of the screen until a menu pops up, scrolling down to where it says MTP and selecting "mass storage" then save.  Once I shut down and turned it back on that worked and the Garmin Express found it!  So thanks to people who find the hidden settings <3 this did the trick!!