BaseCamp does not see internet connection

Former Member
Former Member
I am new to using basecamp and but I have downloaded other adventures recently but did so when I was logged in before. At this point it works fine when I am just plotting or uploading from my pc or GPS but now when I try to do so ( online ) to download others adventures or publish my own it comes up with an error message saying. I am online with everything else, I have tried several browsers, but can not log in or use online functions with basecamp

Error message is (New adventure could not be downloaded please check your internet connection or try again later).....

Help please. I have a big trip coming up fast which is why I bought the new gps for to begin with
  • I will talk to our team about this. Thanks!
  • logging into basecampe

i also am having the same issue logging into basecamp, i enter my mygarmin ID and password and it says invalid input, could not connect to mygarmin. check internet and try again. this has been going on for 2 weeks now.

I am logged into mygarmin on a different page and it works just fine.
    any help?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 8 years ago
    I have talked with 2 support people today and have heard nothing back yet If I can get it figured out I will make sure I pass along to you
  • i also am having the same issue logging into basecamp, i enter my mygarmin ID and password and it says invalid input, could not connect to mygarmin. check internet and try again. this has been going on for 2 weeks now.

I am logged into mygarmin on a different page and it works just fine.
    any help?

I have the same problem, the person from support that I talked to however was able to login. I will let you know if they provide a solution
  • Etrex 30x

I have just bought this gps for an expedition and i'm unable to load the maps for the same reason. Really annoyed. Garmin support could not come up with an answer and tried to blame it on my kaspersky anti virus. A waste of money and reflects badly on Garmin, particularly as I see this is not a new problem.
  • This sounds like a different problem. What map are you trying to install? I've never had an issue installing maps on my handhelds.

Incidentally have you tried logging out of Garmin, on these forums for example, and then trying to log in on Basecamp? I've had the occasional issue logging into myGarmin and found logging out here allowed me to log in there.
  • I made the mistake of logging out on Basecamp & can now no longer log back in. I've tried username & email address, neither work.
    I get the error message "Invalid input, could not connect to My Garmin, check your internet connection & try again."
    How hard can it be to get things right!
  • Are you talking about yourself or BaseCamp?

I have no issues logging in. What you might try is check to see if you're logged in anywhere else, eg here or in myGarmin, and log out there and then try to log in to BaseCamp. Can you now log in?

If not and you're sure you're using the correct details you will need to contact Product Support for help.
  • I'm trying to sign in to My Garmin via Basecamp. That's when I get the error message. I know my details are correct because I can use them to login into the My Garmin web site. I've logged out of everything apart from my laptop at home, which is switched off so that shouldn't count.