This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

help sending a Trip from Basecamp to my Garmin 2757

I have created a few Trips in Basecamp and try to Send them to my Garmin 2757

Each time i get a fail message of: 

There was a probem communicating with nuvi 2757. 

An error occurred while sending the following file(s) 

gpx/temp.gpx

The nuvi 2757 is updated with the latest software, Basecamp seems to be working fine

Any suggestions  on what to try next?

• Does your nuvi appear in BaseCamp? If so create a simple route using the route tool rather than Trip Planner. Does that transfer correctly?

• Thanks for your reply.  Yes my nuvi is in BaseCamp.  I can create Routes in BaseCamp.

What i cannot find is a Route in the nuvi only end point destinations or Waypoints.

I need to create a Route in BaseCamp that when downloaded forces the nuvi to follow a defined path (Route) but I cannot find where in the nuvi it is stored and available.

Can you help?

• If it's been sent you'll find it in the trip planner app on your nuvi. In BaseCamp though try creating a simple route using the route tool.  Having done so right click it in the lower left hand pane and select Send to, and choose your nuvi. Having done that view the GPX folder in Windows Explorer, there should be a file there named temp.gpx with the relevant date/time. If so boot your nuvi and look for the route in the Trip Planner app.

• I guess RTFM applies to me.

I see that to access Routes or Trips i need to: Select Apps > Trip Planner.

It works, found them

Thanks for your help

• Great, I'll close this thread