Basecamp & Foretrex 601

Dear All

Happy New Year

(with some minor issues :-))

I Plan a route on Basecamp, putting 5 waypoint and transfer it to my Foretrex 601 & Fenix 3.

Something like this:

Home-----Kiosk------Lab------Park-------Finish

On Fenix everything works fine through Navigation (Eta to next, ete to next, final destination, final eta...etc)

On Foretrex, if i select to follow the above route as "To Finish" the next destination is "Finish" and not the waypoints before..Kiosk, Lab, Park and Finish.

If i select to follow the opposite direction (To Home), the waypoints works fine with the right order but this  is not logical and  something that i don't want.

Second problem: When i try to insert some waypoint  on route, Basecamp unexpectedly shutting down.

Any clues abt those problems?

Many thanks in advance

• Navigation on handheld/wearable GPS devices often depends on how close you are to waypoints,  so if you choose to press 'navigate' when you're closer to the finish than the start then you'll be directed to the finish.

If BC is shutting down on you try uninstalling then reinstalling it.

• Thanks for yours reply.

Hmmm, how close to the start / finish you are. That makes scene. But, in my case, the start (Home) is axactly here where i am standing right now and the Finish waypoint much far away, Foretrex guide me to go directly to the Finish avoiding the intermediate waypoints.

• If you're 'at' home your device will try to take you to the next nearest one, maybe that is Finish?

• That is the problem, there is 3 waypoints nearest and the very last one is the Finish but Foretrex and eTrex30, avoid the nearest waypoints and guide me directly to the last one. Both devices following the waypoints orders only if i choose to make the opposite direction but Fenix 3 works perfect on everything and this is  very strange....anyway...thanks for your effort to help me, i have to try many different things like to remove and draw back again all the waypoints, recalculate the routes, change my BC maps etc.... 

• I have an Etrex20 and don't quite follow what you're now saying.  Your Etrex shouldn't skip waypoints closest to you, if those other waypoints are closer than Finish what is your Etrex doing that makes you think it's skipping them?  Are you able to post a link or screenshot of your route?

• The eTrex acting exactly like the Foretrex, ok, i have my routes on screen with all the waypoints visible and correct  but, on trip computer page,  i change the data fields with those that i want to watch: Dist to Dest - ETA at Dest - Next Point - Dist to Next. Distance to next and Distance to Final Destination show the same kilometers and at Next Point field, always is the last point and not as it is on the waypoint order.

Unfortunately i am not able to post a screenshot.

Imagine this:

Home-----WP1--------WP2--------WP3-------Finish  (This is the right order and this is on my screen)

At Trip computer page of eTrex (i mention the eTrex because you own the same gps so you are able to understand better the whole situation)  the Final Destination and Next Destination is the Finish and not the WP1 or WP2 or WP3. Yes, both devices for unknown reason skipping the WP1,WP2 and WP3 instead Fenix 3 who acting perfect.

If i am at Home and choose to navigate to Home or to WP1, both devices start to count: Next Point WP3 (This will be correct if i was on Finish and not at Home).

(All routes/waypoints made and transferred on all 3 devices in the same time through BC).

• Without seeing the route I can't explain what may be happening. If you can't post a screenshot can you attach a gpx file?

• I Just found that  the BC map is different than eTrex map and eTrex have to convert some routes, after that i found many other problems on routes, exact positions, waypoints and drawing lines (direct lines from point to point and not a walking or hiking routes)..... maybe that was the problem... now i have to use a compatible map on my BC and try again.    

• That might explain it, come back if you still have problems after that.