Basecamp & Foretrex 601

Dear All

Happy New Year

(with some minor issues :-))

I Plan a route on Basecamp, putting 5 waypoint and transfer it to my Foretrex 601 & Fenix 3.

Something like this:

Home-----Kiosk------Lab------Park-------Finish

On Fenix everything works fine through Navigation (Eta to next, ete to next, final destination, final eta...etc)

On Foretrex, if i select to follow the above route as "To Finish" the next destination is "Finish" and not the waypoints before..Kiosk, Lab, Park and Finish.

If i select to follow the opposite direction (To Home), the waypoints works fine with the right order but this  is not logical and  something that i don't want.

Second problem: When i try to insert some waypoint  on route, Basecamp unexpectedly shutting down.

Any clues abt those problems?

Many thanks in advance

• Navigation on handheld/wearable GPS devices often depends on how close you are to waypoints,  so if you choose to press 'navigate' when you're closer to the finish than the start then you'll be directed to the finish.

Foretrex is classified by Garmin as Handheld (not Wearable), and route navigation does not depend on waypoint proximity (confirmed by me in careful testing—see https://youtu.be/LWOoYVInAn4).

For proper route navigation:

1. Make the first Waypoint in the Route a starting waypoint, not the first destination.
    2. Follow the Route to the final destination waypoint (not the starting waypoint—Garmin documentation is wrong*).
    3. Foretrex will skip the starting Waypoint. The initial Next Destination will be the 2nd Waypoint in the Route.
    4. Foretrex firmware is a bit sluggish internally. After making a change to a Route, pause for several seconds before Follow of that Route, or the navigation might not be correct.

* If you follow Garmin documentation to "Select a starting point for navigation" (emphasis added), Foretrex will reverse the order of waypoints in the route before following them from Finish back to Start. To Follow a Route in normal order, select the Finish/Final waypoint.