Waypoints imported from Google Earth being displaced

I recently created several waypoints in Google Earth, exported them and imported them to BaseCamp. I then reexported them along with some other waypoints (created in BaseCamp) to view in GE. The original, pre-export waypoints were still visible, and when I opened the new waypoints in GE, I discovered they had all been displaced by about 1-2 meters to the SSW. To isolate the issue, I've taken the following steps:

Reboot. There’s no change.

Confirm that GE is based on the WGS84 datum and that my BC is set to use WGS84.

Export as KML rather than KMZ. The waypoint is still displaced.

After exporting from GE, immediately reopen the KML/Z file. There is no displacement, indicating that it is exporting correctly.

Create a test waypoint in a distant location (southern Africa, where the original waypoints are in North Carolina). That waypoint also showed the displacement, suggesting that it’s not a local anomaly.

Perform the same test on a path created in GE. The resulting BC track was not displaced.

Export the BC waypoints to .csv format and compare the lat/long coordinates of those waypoints to the coordinates of the GE waypoints. In most cases, they are the same to 6 decimal places, the most I can see in GE; in at least one instance, however, there is a difference at the 6th decimal place of the latitude. It’s possible that this could have been caused by an improper rounding protocol in GE (to 8 decimal places the BC coordinate is …847, and the 6th decimal place in GE is 9), but assuming that isn’t the case, it suggests that the displacement occurs during import to BC rather than export from it.

If it matters, I’m running these on a Windows 10 PC, using BaseCamp v. 4.7.1, GE Pro v. 7.3.2.5776 (64-bit).

Does anyone know what’s happening here and how to fix it? Or are there other tests I can try to further isolate the issue?

Thanks.

• Offhand, I would think that the 6th decimal place would be less than a meter.  I wonder if your BaseCamp data includes an elevation other than 0,  This might give the appearance of displacement in google earth if google earth places the point above ground level.

• I suspect it's simply due to the calculation/recalculation of a point when moved between various programs. 1-2 metres is really nothing to worry about. 

• I don't think so. I forgot to mention that I did check that, and the GE waypoints are "clamped to ground" and the BaseCamp waypoints all have 0 elevation. After your message, I did another test by creating a waypoint in BaseCamp, with elevation data, and exporting it back and forth between the programs multiple times. In all cases, it retained the elevation data and there was no displacement. Good thought, though.

• You're right from a practical standpoint, and I'm just going to move forward and not worry about it, but it's just curious from a theoretical standpoint. And because I'm something of a perfectionist (and maybe a little anal), it just kind of bothers me.

Thanks.

• One other thought.  Do the points use the same symbol?  In BaseCamp, the true location of a symbol is the center of the icon box and not, for example, the point of a pin..  I'm not sure what Google Earth does.  Try 

It's true that BaseCamp usually alters the a value when doing a text to decimal conversion, but the change will be less than a meter.