*** SOLUTION ***
First I realize this is the Basecamp Windows forum and I'm posting the solution for the macOS version but for sake of continuity I thought best to post here rather than start a new thread in the Basecamp Mac forum - I'll leave it to the moderators to do what they want if they think this isn't right. I'm sure anyone searching will come across this despite the forum.
The solution I found is rather simple and all functionality between Basecamp and GE Pro works as expected. Under the macOS environment it simply involves renaming the application from Google Earth Pro.app to Google Earth.app. I haven't come across any issues at all. I've tested as much as one can and it works fantastic! Just wish I would of tried this sooner