This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Google Earth re-integrated in Basecamp 4.7.1?

Hi,
A bit surprised Google Earth was not available anymore from Basecamp 4.7.0... Can we expect an update and have Google Earth back in the menu?
Cheers
Luc
  • Working for me on Win10, using Google Earth Pro 7.3.2.5776

• Same for me - Google Earth Pro 7.3.2.5776 (64-bit)

• I guess then its something strictly isolated to the macOS operating system. The latest version of GEP for the macOS is the same as you've reported you're running in Win10. Thanks for replying.

• *** SOLUTION ***

First I realize this is the Basecamp Windows forum and I'm posting the solution for the macOS version but for sake of continuity I thought best to post here rather than start a new thread in the Basecamp Mac forum - I'll leave it to the moderators to do what they want if they think this isn't right. I'm sure anyone searching will come across this despite the forum.

The solution I found is rather simple and all functionality between Basecamp and GE Pro works as expected. Under the macOS environment it simply involves renaming the application from Google Earth Pro.app to Google Earth.app. I haven't come across any issues at all. I've tested as much as one can and it works fantastic! Just wish I would of tried this sooner Slight smile

• SUSSAMB, are you the only one that claims 4.7.1 works with Google Earth? I am afraid to update from 4.6.2

• No, I've never claimed that. I'm still working with 4.6.2 for that very reason. If you want to upgrade though use dpawlyk's program posted above.

• NO, NO, NO Google Earth DOES NOT work with 4.7.1 Because NO, Base Camp DID NOT return Google Earth access or compatibility in 4.7.1. THEY DID NOT AND DON'T BELIEVE THE LIES!!!!!

Watch my videos:

https://youtu.be/Kjpqdda4JAU

https://youtu.be/41SRLaI895E 

https://youtu.be/SfLnrUas6to

DO NOT upgrade Google Earth because BaseCamp 4.6.2 is NOT compatible with the latest Google Earth 64-bit version

• OK, I misunderstood the layout of the forum. Your reply "Working for me on Win10, using Google Earth Pro 7.3.2.5776" was right under "Can we expect an update and have Google Earth back in the menu?" 

It is always helpful to state exactly what you are talking about, not just "Working for me". Because what is working for me? 4.7.1? 4.6.2?

It would be helpful to state "BaseCamp 4.6.2 is working for me on Win10 using Google Earth Pro 7.3.2.5776"

• Well if you read through the thread you wouldn't be confused, always best to do that rather than take posts out of context. However as I stated, you can use dpawlyk's program if you want to run GE with BaseCamp versions later than 4.6.2

• When a title like "Google Earth re-integrated in Basecamp 4.7.1?" and someone like you says "Working for me on Win10, using Google Earth Pro 7.3.2.5776" What the hell am I supposed to think?

Reading thru the thread does nothing but add more confusion. I came seeking an answer to the question of whether or not BaseCamp brought Google Earth back. And you say “take posts out of context.” My point is your message had no context. Works for me is vague because there is no description of what works for me so the reader is left to wonder what the author is talking about. A really bad idea when the reader is seeking detailed information. When talking about three different version of BaseCamp in the same thread, it is absolutely critical to clarify which version of BaseCamp you are talking about. “Works for me” lacks that clarification and could not be vaguer. I don’t expect you admit to admit your statement could have been better. I came with respect and attempted to help you provide even better information than you already provide by explaining how some readers interpret what you are saying.