This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Downloaded Map from Garmin

Hi All

I bought the French topo map from Garmin and download it onto a new SD card in my device.  

Firstly it took about 12 attempts to download it, it was so frustrating! I know the SD card is 10MB/s speed but my word, how slow! At one stage it was downloading in KB's - this was tried on two computers! Eventually I managed a 100% download!

My real problem is when I plug my Oregon 750t into my MacBook and open Basecamp, all I get under the device is the SDCard name (I named it Maps) Maps - Valid chart product not found.  If I click this I get a pop up saying 

BaseCamp could not switch to this map

The selected map cannot be displayed until it is completely read from the device.

and thats it! Ive left it for an hour at one point and still the same.

The map is installed correctly onto the SDCard as I can see it on my device but it pretty pointless as I can't create a route on Basecamp without the map! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  I feel like asking for a refund as it's so frustrating and my holiday is approaching very quickly! 

Thankyou

Andy C

• I have also copied the folder onto an SD Card as the 'removable device'.

Exactly the same happens in Basecamp 'Valid chart product not found'.

• Well you have 2 maps showing as installed to your card. Note when BaseCamp sees a map for the first time it has to index it so it can use it. With large map files this can take a while and will result in the message you saw. You should see a progress bar under the map in the left hand pane in BaseCamp, as least you do in the Windows version. Once that is completed for both maps all should be well.

• Will give it another go! 

• I installed Basecamp on my iMac (different computer) and Tah Dah!!! Yes, it does take about 30 minutes but the new maps have downloaded from the device.  

I now think its a permissions problem on my MacBook between Basecamp, my device and the SD cards.  If I cant solve it, I will delete everything on my MacBook and clean install!

As you are not an OS user, I really cant ask any more of you! Thankyou!!! 

Andy C

• Answer!!! Very annoying and a pain in the bum but I had to completely uninstall Basecamp and all its library information on my MacBook.  Interestingly, Basecamp said I had to most up to date software, when I didn't - I was using 4.8.11 when 4.8.12 was the most up to date version.

Yes, Garmin support have actually been very good even though I managed to sort it!