This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Base Camp will NOT recognize a computer connected Zumo XT even though Garmin Express DOES recognize the Zumo XT

The more I fight with connecting a brand new Garmin Zumo XT to Garmin Basecamp (Mac version) software I can't help but think either the Zumo XT is a poor quality product and/or the Basecamp software is in some stage of Beta version.

I've spent 7 hours today fighting with what feels like a substandard glitchy product.  My new Macbook with Basecamp recognized the ZumoXT on Monday but not Tuesday.  And I bought this as an "upgrade" to my Garmin Montana.  HUGE MISTAKE

So I'm looking for assistance with others who have experiance the same thing....

Garmin Express recognizes the Zumo XT when I connect it to the Macbook.  Garmin Basecamp does NOT.

So I RESET the Zumo XT back to factory settings.  SAME ISSUE AS ABOVE, and I've lost my most recent backcountry trips, tracks and routes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I've been a faithful Garmin product user (boats, planes, cars and dirtbikes) for over 20 years and this is the first Garmin product that feels buggy and overpriced.

HELP please.